11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM

omgNova has much to be proud of
The only truly terrifying experience I have had, is Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. The whole game just makes you paranoid and gives you a really creepy sense of forboding. You know something's going to happen, you just... don't know when or how.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast

absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to absolutlush
System shock was supposed to be terrifying with situational fear. I watched a friend play Silent Hill series and that freaked me out.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 PM

dagamdagee is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to dagamdagee Send a message via MSN to dagamdagee
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutlush View Post
Scariest game moment would be most all of AvP2 and all of They Hunger... especially when I realized PC Gamer installed ad software on my pc.

Aliens vs. Predator 2 was far and away one of the scariest games to play while on the Marine campaign. I remember feeling absolutely vulnerable against the enemies, especially the aliens. Those things were so freakishly fast and hard to kill.

I do have to admit that once I played the Predator/Alien campaigns, I felt totally empowered and the scare factor was replaced by my sadistic satisfaction in biting people's heads off.

Just like the Ghosts.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
When you about 4 mins in on Green Grass and High Tides playing the drums and you get that feeling explosive diarrhea is coming on Anybody thats had their gall bladder removed will know just what im talking about

Old 05-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

Crymsun is a jewel in the community Crymsun is a jewel in the community
Resident Evil 4. I was trapped in a cabin with zombies bashing at the doors and windows. And one of the zombies had a chainsaw and chased me up the stairs after breaking in, only to saw my head off!

EEEk!

Of course I was playing at night with the lights off...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 PM

Tyrant-on-Virus has much to be proud of
Resident Evil 3, I had Nightmares about Nemesis he was that scary, played it when i was about 10 or 11. Strange now how i find him to be one of the coolest monster villians in gaming. They really should do a remake...

Fear 2 Demo, JESUS CHRIST, i made my friends leap onto the floor face first in fear of ALMA! Everytime i mention her name to them they tell me to "F**K Off Thats Not Even Funny!" (The dude was staying home alone at the time) Haha.. i salataped a picture of alma to his pillow in his sleep! XD
But the game is scary as, i like the balance between shooter and horror.

Dead Space, quiet the game, i still jump when one of the necromorphs is behind you and you can't tell because theres no dramatic music playing.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 PM

favogiuseppo has much to be proud of
Fear 2
I think Alma's apparitions in Fear 2 are really scary...The Suffering is scary,too...But Condemned beats'em all!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
F.E.A.R on the ladder when alma appears after you turned around to climb down and then you dead teammate appears out of now where. And the Fatal Frame games.
Last edited by CthulhuDreams : 05-16-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 PM

RuYi has much to be proud of
The entire Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief: Deadly Shadows.
I wanted to get out as fast as possible, yet, when I got out, I had seen every corner of it. Brilliant level design, seeing how it achieved that.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
One thing I did like about Dead Space, and it was a bit scarier than the rest of the game, was the sections when you have to fight in a vacuum. There's no sound in a vacuum, so you can't hear enemies approaching. All you can really hear is the vibration of your weapons and your own breathing.