11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
Ok. I have visited this site less and less because.

Player blogs are gone.

The site is hard to navigate in firefox with links and tables everywhere.

I dislike the player profile page. I liked it better when it had different tabs, and the main profile page wasn't so cluttered.

Player news has gotten harder to find. With this revamp, I don't even see a link to it at the bottom of the page.

Forums have gotten sort of dead over recent months. Mainly because GDNA lumps all MMO's into 1 general forum instead of breaking them out by game like MMORPG.com does. I have absolutely no interest in any other forums not related to MMORPG's, guilds, site news, and leader support.

The new navigation scheme is splattered all over the place. Looking to the top, right, left, and bottom isn't my idea of an easy navigation. Also I can find guild hosting, but have no idea anymore how to find guild listings or search for guilds recruiting. The old beta site had better navigation and was easier to use IMHO.

Anyway I am glad to see GDNA doing more guild resource support (hosting, vent, etc) but overall I think this site is less of a community than it was in the beta era. There is less player driven news, more generalization and less focus on specific MMO's, guilds are harder to find and interact with, the navigation scheme is vague and confusing, and the members seem to be less empowered to help drive the community.

Other than guild hosting and obtaining resources, networks like Stratics, Warcry, IGN now offer more to the player community than GDNA seems to do IMHO. So the bottom line for me is that I an using fansites more and GDNA less due to the things I have mentioned, and while there are new bells and whistles around here I feel that GDNA is more top down driven with less of a community feel.

Take it for what its worth or ignore it, but those are my thoughts.
Motto: Killing With Style
Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM

vanel86 has much to be proud of
Just my two cents:

- Recovering badges and signatures is now more convoluted
- Community links (forums and chat) are sort of hidden

The rest is quite good.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Retrofraction has much to be proud of
I am lost
the new site is making me lost, the site was very simple but now it is hard to navagate.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofraction View Post
the new site is making me lost, the site was very simple but now it is hard to navagate.
I look at the layout now as simple.

Navigating for the most part is easy, as the shortcuts have an organized menu.

Nevertheless, scrolling through a mound of game posts to get to the New Posts sucks.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofraction View Post
Could you please explain at all what you found confusing or hard?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
I suggest a Control Panel link under the 'TOOLS' menu. Otherwise the only way to get to your settings is through the inbox. This happened once before.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Meh, I still like the old layout better. After reading about your priorities for GamerDNA, I don't think the new setup made it any easier to find that stuff. It just made it harder to find the stuff that is not priority.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
ChangeAgent has posted the patch notes up on our blog here:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It doesn't matter whether we can get used to it. Can someone who has never been here before get used to it? I doubt it. Forums, news, blogs and screenshots are the biggest draws to any game site, and people will only see one of those. Why would they join GamerDNA instead of going to MMORPG.com? They won't.

All of those "problems" you fixed were the reasons it was so easy to get people to sign up in the past. What do I show them now?

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
Why would they join GamerDNA instead of going to MMORPG.com? They won't.
Exactly. MMORPG.com offers everything that this community used to have:

1 standard tab across the top:

Find guilds? Easy, click guild tab
http://www.mmorpg.com/guilds.cfm

Find blogs? Easy Click the blogs tab
http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs
But GDNA doesn't have blogs anymore!

The only thing they don't do is host guild websites (at least I think).

Otherwise they have evolved into a full player driven community site with a section for formal interviews and news articles.

GDNA has devolved from a player driven community site, is slow with industry news, too generalized, and just feels cluttered by stuff that doesn't matter much.

Like I said, I like the site staff but I think this place is more about guild hosting now and less about being a community portal.

MMORPG.com has sort of taken your place by offering things you no longer offer, making them easy to find, and not cluttering up the place with all the extras that really aren't needed.
Motto: Killing With Style