11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezmyn View Post
Now I don't have to spend a minute scrolling all the way back up to the top of the page to get back to the forums.
You can use the Home key on your keyboard to go to the top of the page instantly.
End moves you all the way to the bottom.
This should work on pretty much any page on the Web, just make sure your cursor isn't in a form (like those in this forum), a Flash game, or any other "special" stuff.
Also try Page Up and Page Down to do exactly what those buttons are called.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
We use a MacBook, and if there's an "End" or "Home" key anywhere on the thing, I haven't bothered to find it.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I just gave up on them putting the buttons I want, where I want them, so I just made my own master directory page.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
mykalgaidin, there is a way to "recreate" the keys removed from the newer Macbooks.
I don't know if it's really easier than scrolling with the mouse though.

Fn + ← = Home (top of page)
Fn + → = End (of page)
Fn + ↑ = Page Down, or you can press Space
Fn + ↓ = Page Up, or you can press Shift + Space

I got that from this document.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
mykalgaidin, there is a way to "recreate" the keys removed from the newer Macbooks.
I don't know if it's really easier than scrolling with the mouse though.

Fn + ← = Home (top of page)
Fn + → = End (of page)
Fn + ↑ = Page Down, or you can press Space
Fn + ↓ = Page Up, or you can press Shift + Space

I got that from this document.
Yikes. Too much work for me. But thanks for the information.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
I just gave up on them putting the buttons I want, where I want them, so I just made my own master directory page.
Eh? Care to display this gadget?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
It's just a list of links. Once you find a page you want to return to, copy the link from the nav bar and paste it into FrontPage. That's all there is to it. Later, you open your list page first, then control-click the links to open them in a new tab.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:18 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Ah. okay. I'm using Chrome at any rate so I've got the Most Viewed as an open tab with New Posts in there, along with a clicky in my bookmarks bar.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Savant

All you really need is your favorites. Every browser I know of will allow you to create a folder tree in your favorites folder. You can save all the links you want, arrange them in your folders however you want and keep them forever.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Enthusiast

BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueEyesWhiteGirl
That only works from home, unless I want to copy my favorites folder onto a flash drive or something. I like the html idea better, because I could e-mail it to myself and use it from public computers.