11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-17-2009, 05:36 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Site downtime Saturday at 9pm EDT 4/18/09
This Saturday (tomorrow) at 9pm EDT (UTC/GMT -4 hours) we will bring gamerDNA.com down for roughly an hour in preparation for an update to the site coming next week.

To see what time it is right now at the gamerDNA Offices, please go here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...l?query=Boston

New things are coming next week, stay tuned!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Will this interfere with the twitter feed (Just in case something goes belly up)?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Will this interfere with the twitter feed (Just in case something goes belly up)?
Since this downtime is just an hour and it's going on later at night, it shouldn't interfere with Twitter updates for most people. We only send out the game play tweets during the middle of the day EDT.

The only tweets that could be affected, however, are tweets you have setup to share your forum posts, a quiz taken, etc.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Editing out my original question about time zones, as I just noticed it says "Boston" quite clearly on the time zone page that was linked.
I've seen both EST and EDT mentioned in the past, just came to the conclusion EST was probably your local time zone, EDT a typo perhaps, but apparently I was wrong.
I know time zones across the world are "necessary", but they are definitely a pain in the pooper to have to take into account as well.

Oh, and good luck with the upcoming update of course!
Last edited by Retodon8 : 04-17-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Found the A to my Q myself.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Yah can't wait for the update. I'm going to be camping the site for launch, just like I did last week (I actually didn't but came to post an activity and just happened to be right (I mean minutes) after the update)
Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
A whole hour?! What will I do without this forum in which I lurk?!?

Hehe

- RedLynk
Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLynk View Post
A whole hour?! What will I do without this forum in which I lurk?!?

Hehe

- RedLynk
Come onto IRC and chat about pasta?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Come onto IRC and chat about pasta?
Sounds delicious... Good work, gentlemen!

- RedLynk
Old 04-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Only an hour? Are you sure?

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:01 AM

Euantor has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Euantor Send a message via MSN to Euantor Send a message via Yahoo to Euantor
Thanks for the warning Definitely won't be any problem for me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

{twitter} {Last.fm} {XBL}