11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Question What game do u always fall back on?
I, just as everyone else I would assume, at one point or another, find myself getting bored with the current games that I am playing and find myself falling back to older games that kept me occupied.

If ya had to say there is that one specific game that you always find yourself falling back on, what would it be?

Personally, I find myself falling back on 2... Starcraft and GTA (any of them will do)

Lets hear your fallback games!

Kaimera-
Old 02-02-2009, 10:40 PM

HeyCarl has much to be proud of
My fall back game is really random, every now and then I just have an urge to play SimCity 4. I know, it's pretty stupid (me wanting to play it, not the actual game). lol
Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
My current fallbacks in the FPS genre are Call of Duty 4 and Insurgency Mod (Half-Life 2 Mod). Those games are great if I've got 20 mins and need to get some quick games in and can't be as engaged as you need to be in Left4Dead.

Left4Dead, though, is something I come back to fairly often and I'm trying to play more.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM

sonicalpha has much to be proud of
Red Alert 2 with the Yuri's Revenge expansion.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Enthusiast

Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community Kjallstrom is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Kjallstrom Send a message via Yahoo to Kjallstrom Send a message via Skype™ to Kjallstrom
The original Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (no expansion). Some of the best flavor text/audio in any game, ever.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, wow, theres one I havent seen in a few.... nice one!

Kaimera-
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Oblivion with all the expainsions and to many mods to count and Fable: Lost Chapters = P

Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
A bit of Commander Keen is always fun in my book.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
I fallback on GTA:IV quite often. I never got around to beating it (although I got really far on my sister's 360 and then just never did the main questline on my own). It's a game that I can play for 20 minutes and feel highly satisfied or stress relieved. When its available to me Rock Band also is similar for me, but my apartment doesn't have space for yet MORE guitars and instruments.

My fallback game needs to have massive replayability, fun little things to do, and nothing too serious about it.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbon View Post
My fallback game needs to have massive replayability, fun little things to do, and nothing too serious about it.
Agreed! Couldnt have put it any better.

Kaimera-