11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 PM

PlsticWrapJack has much to be proud of
RPG Party
I was wondering if any one could give me a suggestion on a good RPG to do a Marathon on?

A little history:
My friends and I started a few years back (about 8) having what we called RPG partys where we would grab an RPG and try and beat it in 24 hour or less and some times we would add objectives to make it interesting or if the game was short. We use to do this once some times twice a year, but we haven't ran one in the last two years and I wanted to start it back up. I just need to think of a good game to play, any ideas?

We pretty much have all systems so that not a problem (except PC games would be to hard for 8 guys to play)

The games that we have already done are:
FF 6
FF 7
FF 8
FF 9
FF tactics
Chrono Trigger
Suikoden 1 & 2

Thanks guys
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Tigershard has much to be proud of
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to do something like that!

Is the only criteria that the game can be completed in less than 24 hours and be for any system other than PC? How do you guys play? Take turns, do it in your own homes, or do it like a LAN party?

If I remember correctly, Final Fantasy X-2 is a fairly short game, but there are enough mini games and things to find to keep playing for longer.

Disgaea is a blast to play. I haven't finished it myself, 40 hours in and still rampaging through the item worlds, but you can see who has the highest level by the end of the 24 hour period and has finished the plot.

How about Secret of Mana? You could play it in groups of 3

Let us know what you guys decide to play!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Haha try Mass Effect that should try to give you a decent 24 time trial, Possibly 2 worlds as well, Oblivion may also be good for that to.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Ishadows has much to be proud of
Crono tigger,with all finals.Final Fantasy Series! thats alot!

Oblivion,i dont thing so i finish this game so many times with so many characters,its not a big deal (with almost all no story line quest,and searching in all Dungeons...)

But for Mass Effect,that a long game...I dont like it to much but if u wan to try it go ahead!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Fallout 3, first to level 30 wins =P
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Hmmm RPG competition/marathon sounds fun, let's see how about:

Suikoden V
Fallout 3
Shadowrun for SNES
Growlanser: Heritage of War

That's what I can think of right now.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:57 AM

mookyvet is a jewel in the community
Legend of Legaia - So freaking fun~

Xenogears - A personal favorite

Saga Frontier - VERY awesome, and very fun, RPG. As an added challenge, try to beat the storylines of ALL characters in 24 hours. There are about...seven, I believe?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookyvet View Post
Xenogears - A personal favorite
I'm with Mookyvet... with his suggestion of Xenogears.

Try beating that one in 24 hours! I hope you do this without the Walkthroughs. Cause if you use those I give you less merit. :P

The story of this RPG is awesome, but I guess that you can't really pay attention to that during a Marathon.

Let us know which one you end up picking!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM

paperfan9000 is community member of note
One of my favorite RPGs is Skies of Acrcadia (add "Legends" onto the end for the GCN version). The battle system might not require a lot of interaction (you choose what to do each turn for each character, then the round plays out automatically), but the astonishing amount of depth in the story and side-quests give it a replay value that could touch Mars!

If you want an extra challenge, try setting an objective of completing the main story with all Super Moves unlocked for each party member. That'll spice things up a bit!