11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
April 6th Update Notes
You can check out our latest release notes up on our blog here:

http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

This week we added some more web games for our new Play Now options. We also now have the ability to track that game play that you do and automatically add the game to your gamerDNA/to your gaming calendar.

We've added the Nudge feature this week which enables you to "nudge" any of your friends on gamerDNA to try to get them to check out something on the site. This means that you can bug your friends to check out a new game entry you made, a new screenshot, a conversation you're having on a friend's profile, etc.

Please let us know what you think!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Haha I noticed this within minutes of the update XD Good work guys, can't wait to see the big update!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
Nudge feature is teh pwn. Already discovered a game that is relevant to my interests on massive levels because of it.

- RedLynk
Old 04-09-2009, 01:28 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLynk View Post
Nudge feature is teh pwn. Already discovered a game that is relevant to my interests on massive levels because of it.

- RedLynk
And who do you have to thank for that nudging?!? :P
Old 04-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more...
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
We may never know.

This was a nice (up)date; I didn't see the nudge feature coming, but it's a good idea indeed.
I've been trying the Web-game feature, and that's pretty cool as well.
I have to admit I'm still anxiously waiting for some of the announced features too.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:05 AM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Why that would be you, good sir.

- RedLynk
Old 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I have a question about one of the new features mentioned in the update, namely:

Quote:
Added an admin tool to allow us to remove an image from a game association, as many people like to put personal photos into game feeds to get them distributed to more people.
I decided to check out the report feature for the first time, and I see we can report for different reasons: Spam, Insulting, Violent, Inappropriate.
Are we supposed to report images wrongly associated with a game with the Inappropriate option?
I'm not sure that is what you mean with "inappropriate".
If not, how else should we bring those kinds of images to your attention?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 PM
GDNA Community Manager

Inappropriate would be fine - It could apply (loosely) in that context, and we can take action on it.

In general, inappropriate could mean it has nudity in it, cuss words, etc etc. It could also mean it's associated to the wrong game, or shouldn't be associated to a game.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Savant

OK, thanks.
I'll report some images as such when I come across them.

Edit:
And report I did.
I browsed through a bunch of the games I played, reporting images associated with those, but it just kept on going and going and going...
I didn't count how many images I reported, but there are a lot, and when I think about it now, I must've created quite a list of reports in your To Do box.
I'm sorry about that... I meant well.
On hindsight I shouldn't have picked multiple games all at the same time, reported just a few at a time.

It is hard to believe how many people think their mug has anything to do with a game though, or how many confuse the different games of a series, or even games of a genre.
Last edited by Retodon8 : 04-10-2009 at 09:34 PM.