11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Guild Themes Design Workshop

Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 AM

Sindere has much to be proud of
How do I change my guild background?
does anyone know how to change the background of guild pages? I want to change the guild page from the crappy tile background to a cool image

Thanks
Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
look for this option under manage, themes, advanced properties:

"Replace or remove the tiling background around the outside of the page."

This theme still has its background set to tile by default, but the image can be any size you like. just upload the image to your gamerdna panel here on guildcafe and it will appear as one of the options you can choose from in your advanced theme properties.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Winterkill has much to be proud of
My question is an extension of the OP's. I have now set my background picture but the main area is still black. Is there a way to allow the background to show through somewhat? Like adjusting the transparency?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Not on the "guildcafe wide" theme, that one is just solid black and some of the dark grey to black gradient images that are on the content cells over the black would look strange if I had made the black transparent.

However, there's the "Singularity" theme that is transparent over whatever bg image and bg color you choose.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:21 PM

Winterkill has much to be proud of
Is there a way to change how "transparent" the panels are? I'd like to let a little bit more of the bg image show through.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Elilane is community member of note
Customization rocks in Guild Cafe!

If you are a World of Warcraft guild, choose one of the Blizzard Wallpapers, upload it to your Gamer DNA Panel and use it as a background to replace the default background. Of course you need to choose a starting theme with a lot of customization options.

Check what I did with our guild site using the Deep Forest theme as our template :

http://fyrdraek.guildcafe.com

AND YES GUILD CAFE ROCKS!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

nicely done! =D

and to winterkill's last question: no can't change how transparent since these are just transparent pngs we're using.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel View Post
Not on the "guildcafe wide" theme, that one is just solid black and some of the dark grey to black gradient images that are on the content cells over the black would look strange if I had made the black transparent.
Speaking of that theme, what just happened to the background? When you scroll down it turns into some sort of greenish/brownish color. It used to have the grey part of the standard GamerDNA background (The one that fades from black to grey) on the bottom where the costum background ends, I had it all set up so that it faded from black to grey but now it turns into brown instead.

And while I'm bitching about this issue, could we please get the option to just have the costum background stack vertically past that barrier where the costum background ends? It looks pretty bad when it goes from costum to whatever the standard is.

Picture to explain wth I'm talking about.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:49 AM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Speaking of that theme, what just happened to the background? When you scroll down it turns into some sort of greenish/brownish color. It used to have the grey part of the standard GamerDNA background (The one that fades from black to grey) on the bottom where the costum background ends, I had it all set up so that it faded from black to grey but now it turns into brown instead.

And while I'm bitching about this issue, could we please get the option to just have the costum background stack vertically past that barrier where the costum background ends? It looks pretty bad when it goes from costum to whatever the standard is.

Picture to explain wth I'm talking about.
Ok, went ahead and fixed this background issue in your theme settings, but you'll have to re-insert the custom background image you had for the heading since I don't have the option to add images belonging to you =( ... not sure how your background color got changed to the bg color for crossfire theme (that drab green color) but I re-saved the defaults in guildcafe wide to make sure they are set to be the right colors so this won't happen to others. Also you can change the black-to-grey gradient image on guildcafe wide to be any image you have on your dna panel... and change how it tiles too from the advanced settings... you can make it tile vertically, horizontally (default), both directions... or not repeat at all as a single bg image which will be centered at the top.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel View Post
Also you can change the black-to-grey gradient image on guildcafe wide to be any image you have on your dna panel... and change how it tiles too from the advanced settings... you can make it tile vertically, horizontally (default), both directions... or not repeat at all as a single bg image which will be centered at the top.
What I meant with the stacking was that it doesn't stack (Or tile, whatever the proper way to say it is.) all the way down, it stops at the point where I marked on the picture and then it has the standard background color. It would be nice if you could have your costum background stack all the way down.

Thanks for the help though.