11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 04-06-2009, 03:06 AM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Angry game directory results no longer paginating?
Did anything change with the games directory in that last update or the recent updates? I didn't see anything in the release notes that jumped out at me...

I had slowly been building up my gamerDNA by filtering by the platforms I've played on and then going page by page through a platform's game list, slowly adding titles as I saw their name or boxart and said "Hey, I used to play that!" or "Oh yeah, that game was excellent/crap/okay/etc"...

I went to resume that effort today, and it doesn't look like the directory paginates anymore. I just get the "APPLY A FILTER TO SEE MORE GAMES" at the top.

Ok, I said to myself, I'll just go letter by letter using the filter for Game Name starts with. That won't be too bad and will be easier for picking up where I leave off. Except that, as you can see from this example, the results from that filter also don't paginate, and since only the first 50 games starting with that letter are returned, it's not a practical solution either.

Any suggestions? Is there a better way to browse the directory that I'm not picking up? This really hinders me from taking advantage of the large game list that gamerDNA has.

Just in case it is an error and not a conscious design decision - running "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)".
Old 04-06-2009, 03:49 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Hey sorry about this. There was a performance bug in the paging that was causing some problems. We will add this back in tomorrow when we get a chance to fix the performance issues. For the weekend though since people aren't around, we had to disable it.

We will get it back... so don't worry... this is just temporary... we took it off on Friday to prevent some outages that were being caused by paging really large lists.

Sorry!

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Whew! Makes sense. Thank you muchly for your quick response.

And while you're making sure others get their weekends off, you should do the same for yourself - gantt charts be damned!:-D
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Ha, in a start up there is no such thing as a weekend!

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I always did wonder why the site updates happen on Mondays, but if you're always working during the weekends, it makes more sense.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Actually, we do them on Monday because it gives us the entire week to watch and adjust. Doing them on Friday could mean we have to stay all weekend if it goes bad Monday is the best day to build I think.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
That makes even more sense.
I was thinking about the preparation of upcoming updates, not so much about support for the update that just went live.
Speaking of which... there is a new one coming soon, but I really should stop waiting up for them (timezone difference).