11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 AM

neoxdonut has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to neoxdonut Send a message via Yahoo to neoxdonut
Exclamation Halo Wars

Quote:
Halo Wars is an exciting strategy game based on the legendary Halo® universe. In campaign mode, command the armies of the UNSC warship Spirit of Fire, with familiar and new UNSC units in its initial encounters against the Covenant, an alien coalition threatening to obliterate mankind. Halo Wars will immerses you in an early period of the storied Halo universe, allowing you to experience events leading up to the first Halo title for Xbox®.
With the guidance of Serina, a spirited artificial intelligence (A.I.) persona, direct legions of UNSC soldiers, Warthogs, Scorpions, and more, each group having its own strengths and uses in battle. Adventurous commanders can also call upon ancient Forerunner technology, if they are fortunate enough to find it hidden throughout the battlefield.
Covenant forces are also waiting for you to lead them into battle in multiplayer skirmishes via the New Xbox Experience. Call upon an arsenal of new and familiar Covenant units such as Grunts, Elites, Ghosts, and even Scarabs to defeat foes on the battlefield. Strategic-minded players who react well under pressure will emerge victorious.
  • New take on a legendary world: Set in the iconic Halo universe, Halo Wars predates the original first-person shooter Halo. Experience the early battles between the UNSC and Covenant, the far-reaching conflict that has been diligently followed by the masses in the blockbusterHalo series. Join the crew onboard the Spirit of Fire, a Phoenix-class colony ship converted for UNSC military use and guided by the A.I. persona Serina. The storyline follows the Spirit of Fire's discovery of an ancient artifact during a journey to the planet Harvest, the first planet to be attacked by the Covenant.
  • Strategic command of armies: Halo Wars puts you in command of the battlefield over an arsenal of UNSC units and vehicles as you engage Covenant forces. Counter and crush your opponent by tactically fielding the superior army. Choose among Leaders that possess elite skills, which turn the tides of battle. Using various combinations of Leaders and units, create countless strategies tailored to your preferred playing styles and personalized strategies.
  • Skirmishes using the New Xbox Experience: See who the superior commander is through multiplayer online skirmishes supporting up to 6 players with the New Xbox Experience. Choose to command either unique civilization, UNSC or Covenant, each with unique attributes and strategic characteristics. Ancient Forerunner technology can also be found to create unique units to gain an upper hand in battle.
  • Groundbreaking strategy game: Since inception, Halo Wars was explicitly designed to cater to console gamers and bring to Xbox 360® a genre that has typically been played on the PC. Easily command and manage powerful armies, effortlessly control troops and incredible machines, engage in epic battles and expand your empire using an intuitive user interface. Halo Wars represents the true next-generation experience, combining a masterful control scheme using the Xbox 360 controller with the award-winning strategic gameplay only Ensemble Studios can provide.
So far from my impression of the demo it was pretty good.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I loved the demo as well. It remains to be seen if the control scheme can hold up under the pressure of real battle, but so far it's a sure buy for me.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
I had the chance to play it for a bit and I was surprised how well the control scheme works. So far I really enjoy the game, but as I said I only got to play a bit of it.

- RedLynk
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I enjoyed the demo as well. Shame that was the last game ever to come from Ensemble, but what a game to go out with.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
I enjoyed the demo as well. Shame that was the last game ever to come from Ensemble, but what a game to go out with.
Very true. Sad that they won't be making more Age of Empires.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Damn i wish Ensemble was still up ah well. I was going to buy Halo Wars but i took DoW 2 instead since its an ETS for the 360 even though its built from the ground up i didn't want to trust it till its been out for a while

Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 AM

jokemeister has much to be proud of
I played the demo for Halo Wars but have to admit that I wasn't very impressed. Although the graphics and presentation are top notch (they really managed to capture the Halo feel), I just wasn't convinced with the controls.

Ultimately, I'm just not convinced yet that RTS games work on consoles.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast

Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community Wingman709 is a cornerstone of the community
Been playing this game for a awhile now and I really like it. This is the best RTS on the console to date. Ensemble did an amazing job with this game. The audio and video quality is top notch, and they did a great job with the controls. This is more about fighting instead of micro managing which I like.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
would you recommend it to anyone then?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
I haven't actually played the game, but I know someone who has. And he insists that it is made out of win.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.