11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 PM

amedeus8 is a jewel in the community amedeus8 is a jewel in the community
I've found that the people doing the bashing are the ones who feel inadequate about their own console. I'm not really partial to any specific console, I just go where the games are. And right now the 360 and Wii are easily doing the best of all in that category. And it's funny, because I was on GameFAQs not too long ago and I noticed something.

If you go into a forum for any of the 360's top games, you'll find a whole bunch of people discussing the game and flaming each other over it and complaining about DLC pricing. If you go into a forum for any of the PS3's top games, you'll find a couple people discussing the game and a whole bunch more talking about how much the 360 sucks and how 360 owners wish they could have this magnificent game and so on.

I just find it really funny that anyone cares that much about whichever console they bought to try and start something over it. Personally, I have a 360 and a DS and once I have the money for it, I'm probably gonna pick up a PSP, Wii, and a PS3. Again, just go where the games are, who cares which console is king?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
What annoys me most about fanboys is when you try to have an actual conversation with them and use facts that make their preferred console not 'the best', you get called the fanboy. It really isn't worth talking to most of them.

As for the 'exclusives' issues: Though I have all 3 current-gen consoles, whether an 'exclusive' is coming out for pc does make a difference, even if you don't want to count it. How so? Because it's another option on how to play the game in question, and some games just work better on pc.

I never bought the original X-Box because all the 'exclusive' games for it that I liked also came out for the PC, so there was no need to. Once I bought my 360, I also picked up a couple of the older X-Box games to play on my 360. That was mostly just to 'have them', though, since I had already beaten them on pc.

As for having the different consoles playing against each other, is everybody here familiar with Criterion Games? In one of their Burnout Paradise podcasts, they said they wanted to do exactly that, and that it wouldn't be hard to have a 360 player playing against a PS3 player. In fact, they said out-right that it would be easy. The only reason they didn't do it is because neither of the companies would allow them to.

However, the last I heard, there was no rule against letting them play against PC players, and they thought they could use that as a work-around. They talked about leaving the filters off of the pc version (which wasn't out yet when the podcast came out), so a 360 player and a PS3 player could join the same game if they were hosted by the pc player. In this way, the two consoles could face off against each other. I have no idea if they were ever actually able to do it.

My Website

Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Oh, and I noticed something about the fanboys. In the last generation, the X-Bots claimed that the X-Box's tech was superior, there-fore the X-Box was superior. The PS-Heads insisted that tech didn't matter, just the size of the game library and quality of games which, obviously, made the PS2 superior. The Nintards mostly just muttered under their breath.

This generation, the X-Bots insist that tech doesn't matter and the 360's larger library of games makes it superior. The PS-Heads now insist that the library size isn't that important, but the PS3's superior tech makes it the best system. And the Nintards laugh about how they went from last to first (in number of sales) in this generation.

Personally, I find it all funny how all three sides have pretty well traded places.

My Website

Old 06-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
I find it funny that one set of console owners trash another, lol. PC FTW!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I've bought two 360's and I'd buy two more before I'd buy a PS3 or Wii. It's not that I don't like either of those consoles or think Xbox is vastly superior. It's about the games. And in my subjective opinion, and in many objective metrics you will find out there, 360 is currently on top when it comes to games. Last gen the PS2 was king of games and that's what I owned. I guess some people just don't want to give up / pass the torch. Interestingly enough I see the console being more important for the current and next generation with all the services and bells and whistles tied in with each system being heavily used as selling points (such as facebook, twitter for 360, the new motion tech coming out). Expect fanboyism to increase.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:15 AM

flyingwarpigs has set foot on a distinguished road
I don't think the xbox is bad at all. The only reason I don't like it, is because of the interface (I absolutely hate the dashboard) and I don't like the exclusives. Gears of War is fun... okay. I absolutely hate Halo and I think it is utter trash and I really don't know why people like it so much (just my opinion!) One thing that really annoys me is this, evertime, and I mean EVERY time I ask one of my friends "What's so good about the 360?" they reply, "It has Halo." I think it's unfair to trash a system and think it is horrible just because it doesnt have halo. Also, PS3 online is great the way it is. I don't need to pay 50 bucks a year (or whatever it was) just to improve communication... I have no problem with useing a headset with my PS3. It's great and works just fine. I'm going to name some great excusives that only the PS3 has. One of the best games on the PS3, and an exclusive, is Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. And number 2 is coming out soon (Uncharted 2: Among Theives) and it is going to be fantastic, it's already the most anticipated game of the year for PS3 owners. I'm going to name another one, most of you probably won't care because most peoplethink it's a "stupid kids game". LittleBigPlanet. Aaand of course, if you watched Sony's E3 confrence, you would known about the upcoming game "M.A.G". This is also a PS3 exclusive, and only possible on PS3 too. The 360 hardware wouldn't be able to handle the 256 player online battles! If you don't know about this game, seriously look it up. It's a online only first person shooter from Zipper Interactive that's going to have 256 players online. That's all I could think of for now, there are probably many more great PS3 exclusives (oh yeah, killzone 2, oh and I just remembered, God of War 3!)

Anyways, there is my opinion.... may the force be with you or something....

Follow me on twitter! - www.twitter.com/infamous14
Old 06-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I too enjoy PSN, but what LIVE has over it is continuity. All games use the same type of interface for communications on LIVE. It doesn't matter if I'm playing Halo 3 (good, but a nit over-hyped) or Gears of War 2 (a great game in single player, I'm no good at the multiplayer) the way I set up communication is the same. It differs on the PS3 as far as I can tell. At least, I haven't seen a unified structure. It also depends on what your gaming needs are. LIVE suits me just fine, and I like what Sony has done with PSN. Except for Home. I despise Home.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 AM

flyingwarpigs has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm confused about what you mean by "the way you set up communication differs on PS3" if you want to talk, in any game, just turn the headset on and presto...

Follow me on twitter! - www.twitter.com/infamous14
Old 06-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
It's probably because I've never played an online game on my PS3. Probably unfair of me to make comparisons in that regard...

Although I do find LIVE's Marketplace much easier to navigate than the Playstation Store. Still, I enjoy both consoles, and they both get used, so I guess I have nothing to complain about.

Ah, you remembered about God of War 3. I am seriously psyched for that game. And the (hopefully) eventual Kingdom Hearts 3. Heavy Rain looks very interesting as well. I'm always up for experiments in story-telling, especially in games.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
It's probably because I've never played an online game on my PS3. Probably unfair of me to make comparisons in that regard...

Although I do find LIVE's Marketplace much easier to navigate than the Playstation Store. Still, I enjoy both consoles, and they both get used, so I guess I have nothing to complain about.

Ah, you remembered about God of War 3. I am seriously psyched for that game. And the (hopefully) eventual Kingdom Hearts 3. Heavy Rain looks very interesting as well. I'm always up for experiments in story-telling, especially in games.
God of War 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are absolute musts! I don't give a crap about the console it's on as long as the game is good.

btw, yes, I am back. You may shout it from the hills if you so choose. I will give you time.

Was that enough time?