11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
Yeah but what about the quality of the game? sure there may be more games for that specific console but does that mean it will deliver? take for the ps3 for example. fanboys like it cause they are really really sharp and graphic looking games so should we praise it more? well they say so. So should we actually care about quality in the game? IMO no as long as theres a great story and great gameplaythen I dont care if im playing with squares and triangles. But to some its all about the gfx.
The quality of a game is a highly subjective thing. What is great to one gamer may be completely repugnant to another. For instance, quite a few people went ape-poop crazy over GTAIV. I thought it was mediocre at best. Doesn't make them right and me wrong, it's simply a matter of opinion.

I will say this over and over again, mostly because I feel that I'm right. The games are what matters. We're called "gamers", not "X-Boxers" or "Wii-ers" (okay, spare me the second-grade humor). There's a reason for that.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 AM

Haro37 has much to be proud of
yeah, I've always thought the whole fanboy thing was ridiculous. I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii, but I've also thought about getting the PS3 for a long time, but never really wanted to spend that much money for it. rumours about price drops have got me eyeing it quite a bit now, and I really want to play a few games on it, so I love em all.

What I don't love is Sony though. the PS3 is a great system, but I feel that Sony makes a lot of bad calls with handling the PS3 (and Sony Online Entertainment, as I have always said, should be thrown in jail for its miserable care of a promising few sets of MMO gems) but I never take that out on PS3 owners.

I can say without a doubt, however, that PC is the greatest game machine evar. Consoles will never catch up with my baby.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
I loved that Sony put in in-game texting with the latest firmware update and called it a "great new feature".
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I loved that Sony put in in-game texting with the latest firmware update and called it a "great new feature".
Yeah I thought that was funny as well as fail.

Only a matter of time before they do what Microsoft did and just have a party system.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:15 PM

D1LDOBAGG1NS has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to D1LDOBAGG1NS Send a message via Yahoo to D1LDOBAGG1NS Send a message via Skype™ to D1LDOBAGG1NS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
Yeah I thought that was funny as well as fail.

Only a matter of time before they do what Microsoft did and just have a party system.

Actually Sony has been working on that, but have been having issues due to MS owning the rights to their version of the voice chat party system. I'm a fan of both systems even though I got sick of having 360's fail on me (2 failed w/ RROD) and I haven't had a single issue w/ my 60GB PS3, but that's me.

The reason for 360 exclusives going to the PC is due to the 2nd party Game Developer's contract w/ MS so MS can see fit to launch it for the PC as I saw stated "to reach the largest customer base as possible".

Really the 360 and the PS3 have their flaws one way or another. But that really doesn't make one better than the other. But like the OP I myself am sick of the FanBoys of both platforms, we're all gamers one way or another so really they need to get over themselves and their systems and just look at the games both (all) parties enjoy.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Venom1983PRO has set foot on a distinguished road
I know it will never happen but would be good if there was a cross-platform game that you could actually play against the other console answers (like shadowrun but pref better)!

The company I work for has soooooo many Sony fanboys that its quite funny and they carry on even though there is prob as many as double the amount of 360 fanatics!

When will everyone realise we must unite and punish the usurping non-gamers not bitch about each other as to who console has the biggest conhonas!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom1983PRO View Post
I know it will never happen but would be good if there was a cross-platform game that you could actually play against the other console answers (like shadowrun but pref better)!
I really don't see MS and Sony cooperating to that extent. There have been a few examples of consoles being able to play against their PC brethren, but those have been few and far between. I think Shadowrun was one of them, but I never bought the game so I can't be sure without doing research I'm just not in the mood to do.

As for consoles having genders, they're all female. Think about it for a bit. All inputs. If I have to explain any further my post will likely be deleted.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 AM

TheDudester has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I really don't see MS and Sony cooperating to that extent. There have been a few examples of consoles being able to play against their PC brethren, but those have been few and far between. I think Shadowrun was one of them, but I never bought the game so I can't be sure without doing research I'm just not in the mood to do.
Shadowrun was one of them. There were many matches where Vista people would play with 360 people. It went pretty well, though that doesn't help the fact that the game wasn't very good.

I agree that MS and Sony will never completely see eye to eye to make that happen. In fact, I could see this becoming a Nintendo/Genesis kind of rivalry. I dream of the day when the next-gen consoles just start insulting each other directly in their commercials.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 AM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
Fanboy Wars own man, how can you NOT like them? I love to laugh at the ignorance and the bigotry of these naive fools, it amuses me to great extremes.

I have no love for any particular console (except the PC, which is a "console" technically speaking). I like all the next-gen consoles (maybe with the exception of the Wii though) equally, each and everyone of them has upsides and downsides.

The real problem I have with these idiots is that they say a game sucks. Why the hell do they get to define when a game sucks or not? WELL I'M A FUCKING GOD. I said it, therefore it's true! Duh! /sarcasm

That's my annoyance about these morons, otherwise I laugh at them.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 AM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
Mrxbox is Nostra~Freakin~Damus !
U heard it here first ! Within 5years the #1 Platform will OUT SELL XBOX, Wii, PS3 COMBINED ! Ya more HARDWARE & SOFTWARE than all 3 together ! Can u say I~PHONE !!! Look out PC !!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Apple.jpg (1.9 KB, 1 views)