11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
The only way to get fanboys (of any stripe) to shut up is to just ignore them. Take away the attention and conflict they crave and they'll eventually have to resort to flaming each other over picayune differences in the various Playstation SKUs, hopefully eliminating the entire sub-species.

At least, that's how it happens in that wonderful dream I keep having...
Old 04-05-2009, 04:29 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
The only way to get fanboys (of any stripe) to shut up is to just ignore them. Take away the attention and conflict they crave and they'll eventually have to resort to flaming each other over picayune differences in the various Playstation SKUs, hopefully eliminating the entire sub-species.

At least, that's how it happens in that wonderful dream I keep having...
Haha yeah we can only hope right?

Im just hoping that 720 will deliver big so it will set back those fan boys and actually drive them to try something new for a change.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Okay, my quick two cents.

I'm still pretty ticked at Sony for how they handled the PS3, but not because of the gaming system. I just think that Sony basically screwed the pooch with their PR and holier-than-thou thinking before the system even came out. But you don't really want to get me started on that subject.

In my opinion, Fanboys do what they do not necessarily becuase they love a particular console so much, but to get attention. I love my cat, but that doesn't mean I go around saying everyone else's cat sucks. When it comes to consoles, or the PC/Mac, I have found positive and negative things about just about everything. I even like the PS3 we have, even if I am not happy with Sony.

Ok, maybe that was more than two cents. Maybe a quarter?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:13 PM

DJSlayer has much to be proud of
There's nothing I love more than bashing the PS3, ironically not because of it's failure as a gaming console, but for the reasons mentioned in above post.

Personally I'm not a big fan of any games on PS3 that aren't out on 360but thats just me. I'm just glad Sony fanboys give me a reason to bash PS3 even more ^_^
Old 04-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezmyn View Post
In my opinion, Fanboys do what they do not necessarily becuase they love a particular console so much, but to get attention. I love my cat, but that doesn't mean I go around saying everyone else's cat sucks.
This pretty much hits the nail on the head. It really isn't "fanboy/girl-ism" that's bad. It's the act of taking things negative (generally for attention...not always). Being a fan and exclusively promoting the product (in this case console) you love is a great thing. It helps build community and drive game publishers, among others, toward your preferenced console. You just need to keep yourself open minded and remember that it's just your opinion. There's good and bad to every console.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
I think that the "Sony fanboy" problem extends to practically everything really. There's the people that go around saying M$ (c'mon it's a company, what do you expect?), Nintendrone, or whatever. They'll keep on going at it just for attention (cause there's bound to be someone who will react), so like mykal said, you'd probably do best to ignore them and go on your merry way.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:16 AM

Makes prefect sence.

Good to know im not the only one thinking the way I do.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 AM

Kybr has much to be proud of
I own both consoles, and I love them both. OK neither one sucks. If you have ever seen the dark knight on blu-ray then you know how amazing it is. If you think the ps3 is so bad then quit trying to convince them yours is better and play your xbox.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybr View Post
I own both consoles, and I love them both. OK neither one sucks. If you have ever seen the dark knight on blu-ray then you know how amazing it is. If you think the ps3 is so bad then quit trying to convince them yours is better and play your xbox.
The PS3 isn't bad. Neither is the 360. And neither is the Wii. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. The platform doesn't freaking matter. The games do.

Oh, and you're right. Dark Knight on Blu-Ray is freaking awesome!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
The PS3 isn't bad. Neither is the 360. And neither is the Wii. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. The platform doesn't freaking matter. The games do.

Oh, and you're right. Dark Knight on Blu-Ray is freaking awesome!
Yeah but what about the quality of the game? sure there may be more games for that specific console but does that mean it will deliver? take for the ps3 for example. fanboys like it cause they are really really sharp and graphic looking games so should we praise it more? well they say so. So should we actually care about quality in the game? IMO no as long as theres a great story and great gameplaythen I dont care if im playing with squares and triangles. But to some its all about the gfx.