11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Exclamation Console bashing
Ok there are a couple guys off of youtube name Elpresador and a guy named Wip3ou7 and possibly many more than just these two but they fuel the fire of some of the biggest and most ignorant remarks and videos I have ever seen in my life. But I get a good laugh out of it sometimes. So I couldn't help but post this.

Now before I start they (and when I say they I mean sony fanboys) are saying that the Xbox 360 is complete trash, and when you hear trash you probably think alright well thats nothing but there defention of trash is totally degrading its sick! They think its so bad its good enough to literally go waaste 350$ and completly destory it for no apparent reason. When they can just simply enjoy it for what it has to offer.

But anyways back on topic. Here my first rant. Sony Fanboys say that I dunno for example Left 4 Dead, Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect games like those who are exclusive titles for the xbox are on the PC as well arent Exclusives what so ever...And heres how I see it, I know for a game to be an Exclusive it must be on only 1 console nowere else not on another console cause then it wouldent make it an exclu. anymore. But heres the thing I see the PC as...well a PC. Not a Console. If microsoft games are on a PC thats ran off a Microsoft product wouldent that still make it a microsoft exclusive? I dont know I tried to tell a few sony fanboys where im coming from by this but they just keep raging on. Ok and the next thing is how they say "Oh well the xbox exclusives are all on the PC blah blah blah the ps3 exclusives ARE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD" I couldent hlp but notice this.....Lair was a 1 star first off. MGS4 was good but it was a 6 hour long cut scene. Heavnly Sword was shorter than minesweeper and Killzone 2 isint the greatest its good but nothing more hell noone even like the first one so what makes the second on better? Oh online? you mean a Call of Duty rip off with its perks? Oh ok cool. I mean some of the exclusives that the ps3 have are good dont gimme wrong but they dont deliver as smoothly as the xbox does and dosent come close to how many the Xbox has. And next off we got Blu-Ray.....OMG SERIOUSLY?! you are going to tell me a ps3 is a must because of Blu-Ray? Seriously? Listen I know it can hold more memory and it has some nice graphics but so does HD may not hold alot but it looks and sounds almost the same. If its so good then tell me why Fallout 3 or Bioshock was graphically POOP on the ps3 then the Xbox? I mean cmon its Blu-Ray right!? And Blu-Ray is HD cause without one there cannot be the other. But thats how I see it. and Next we got The FREE notice FREE Online play. Seriously are you that cheap? 50$ a year wont bust your bank buddy. Cause who dosent want a party of people talking while you whoop ass in Gears? (dumb die and not talkie) Not only that the community is great and the interface Its a whole lot smoother and it lags alot (I have a ps3 and play cod4 on it with my T1 I always lag out sometimes).

So yeah thats a bit of my rant I was just wondering if anybody is thinking the same thing as I am.

And before the flame comes try to rember that I own a Ps3,Xbox, and a "Used to be" Wii owner (SOLD).

But mainly focus on the exclusives I want definite opinion on that.

(sorry about the long read)

EDIT:If anybody wants to see these goofs in action heres the link to Elpresador http://www.youtube.com/user/elpresador?blend=1&ob=4
Last edited by Souleaterst1ch : 04-04-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Usually I try not to feed the fanboys; it just makes them crankier than usual. Why I try to stay out of these types of arguments. Better for my health, and I spend less on antacids.

As to "exclusives", I think they're going the way of the dodo. One by one, publishers are starting to realize that the only way they're going to make any money is by reaching the largest audience possible. That means going multi-platform. Kind of started with DMC4. It started out life as a PS3 exclusive, but then moved to the 360. The fanboys soiled themselves in their impotent fury, but in the end it was a good business decision by Capcom because they sold way more units than if they'd stuck to just the PS3. More and more franchises that used to be "Playstation Only" or "Only on Xbox" are moving to the multi-platform setup. Look at Final Fantasy XIII. (On a side note, this isn't the first time Squenix has moved the FF franchise to different systems. FF started on the NES and it wasn't until FFVII that it went to a non-Nintendo console)

As to the "extra" features of the consoles, I don't care. I rarely watch Blu-Ray movies. I use my iPhone to listen to music, not my PSP. I have a perfectly servicable DVD player (hooked up to a surround-sound system) so I don't need any of my consoles to do that, either. It comes down to one thing: the games. I get the system that plays the games I want to play.

For the record: I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and a MacBook I play WoW and Warcraft 3 on, as well as an assortment of older systems.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
Naw sorry man, the 360 is trash.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Dude, it happens. The fanboys are like the zombies in those old 70's films, numerous, hungry and can only think about one thing. Had them a few times on G-DNA chat where they log in, tell you too buy a PS3 (not even a 'Hi' off some), call you a fag if you say no, then log off.

I usually engage them with the "So what's so good about the PS3?" and let them spout out the tech manual they've been spreading their dna over. Never once have they mentioned the games available, instead prefering to mention the Blu-Ray and (strangely enough) the "drawerless disk bay" (because it doesn't use a motor to move a drawer... yes, they actually use that as a hallmark of superiority).

Usually these conversations end when they realise i'm taking the piss (Plastic case?? No carbon fiber? Sloppy engineering). They leave, I laugh, the status quo returns.

PS3 fanboys are there for your amusement, like Mac fags... find those many wonderful little quirks they have and use them against them for your own twisted pleasure.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
I look at it this way: Each system has drawbacks. Each system has perks that make them different from others. The only thing you have to look at is what you're putting into your system, not how you're putting it in (really? Having a "drawerless disk bay" makes a system better? Huh?) or how it's displayed.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
My stance on it: It's all about the game, not the system (rarely anyway). The only time I would ever really care about console, is when I'm buying a console. Is it going to have games I want to play? Yes? Good. Will I be able to play them comfortably (do I like the controller, are the graphics good enough to enjoy, etc)? Yes? Awesome. Beyond that, the specific system holds only a small part of my Gaming experience.

As far as exclusives are concerned...why would you, as a consumer, like exclusives better? What does "exclusive" have to do with the game or how good it is? It might have better graphics and performance on one system over another and it might make more sense to play it on a specific one if you own both...but how does the "exclusivity" make it better? Simply put, it doesn't...it doesn't even relate to the game. All it does for you, as a consumer, is give you less options. Regardless of the system you own.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 PM

kinfreon is community member of note
"The Console Wars" are just what the inhabitants of 4chan's /v/ board do to justify their miserable existences. It should always be about the game rather than the console. I have a PS3 and a PSP, so somehow that would make me seem like a Sony fanboy. Surprisingly enough, I'm saving up for an XBOX360 because there are games on that console I really want ("Ace Combat 6", the original "Saints Row", "GTAIV" so I can download "The Lost & Damned", etc.).

The point is that the console wars are suckage.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 AM

All good answers.

But what im really puzzled about is WHY do sony fanboys bash the 360 because of its exclusives being on the PC. They acclaim that it isint a exclusive anymore but I somewhat disagree because its made by the same people and play on the gear made by the same pepople.

But I like that colliny2k. Good point.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
All good answers.

But what im really puzzled about is WHY do sony fanboys bash the 360 because of its exclusives being on the PC. They acclaim that it isint a exclusive anymore but I somewhat disagree because its made by the same people and play on the gear made by the same pepople.

But I like that colliny2k. Good point.
You hit the nail on the head with "Sony fanboys". Fanboys will grab onto anything, no matter how insignificant, to "prove" that their console of choice is the "correct" choice. Logic rarely comes into the matter.

As for the matter of Xbox "exclusives" going to PC and still being considered "exclusives", the PC, while a gaming platform, isn't a console. Right now there are only three consoles (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) so if a game only appears on one of those three, it is still considered an "exclusive".
Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
You hit the nail on the head with "Sony fanboys". Fanboys will grab onto anything, no matter how insignificant, to "prove" that their console of choice is the "correct" choice. Logic rarely comes into the matter.

As for the matter of Xbox "exclusives" going to PC and still being considered "exclusives", the PC, while a gaming platform, isn't a console. Right now there are only three consoles (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) so if a game only appears on one of those three, it is still considered an "exclusive".

So im not the only one that thinks that way then. Great.

But Sony fanboys wont stop coming back to the whole idea that its still not an exclusive only because its on the PC and it plays games.

But I have heard a rumor that Microsoft will stop publishing games for the PC.