11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you want Left 4 Dead 2 to be?
A sequel if they make major changes 9 81.82%
A standalone expansion 2 18.18%
A free update via Steam 0 0%
Woah Left 4 Dead 2?! Is it announced? 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2009, 07:42 PM

onikrulz is community member of note
Exclamation Left 4 Dead 2 Poll
With a rumour of 15,000 fans against the sequel and with Valve claiming tons of goodies to make this rightfully a sequel what do you think?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
it doesnt matter how awesome it is, its too soon for a sequal, they need to support left4dead some more and give us more then a pethetic arsenal of 6 weapons.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 AM

Yes, but you know, I compared it to Assassin's Creed 2 or any other hot game coming out. Just an example is that AC2 is so drooled over by people its got different setting (L4D2), different protagonist/s(L4D2), more weapons (L4D2), new moves (Like melee moves in L4D2). But basically gameplay is the same in this case too.

I think its because Valve chose to support their products a lot more than other companies do, thats why fans are angry this time around. Most of the good games get a sequel within a year or 2 except Valve games. I think maybe Valve realized with their Source engine, they had so-so textures and a lot of potential to improve it yet they got so many awards for L4D and such a big community. Maybe thats why they making a sequel quickly to improvise on that base and support whoever chooses to stick to old one.

Its just a speculation though.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM

People vote the option you like. I will be mailing this page's link to Valve for them to see.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:54 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
I really enjoyed L4D on the X360, but it just feels too soon for #2. L4D is still a very popular game right now.

When I heard about #2 releasing this fall I didn't gasp 'ZOMG... L4D2!' Instead I raised my brow and said 'what?' I'm sure it'll be good, but the timing of it just seems odd to me.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Fans are pissed because:

1. L4D has 4 levels, hardly a full game to start with but was sold at $50 with the promise of more content.

2. Valve promised all kinds of content with L4D and fans got one DLC "Survivor Pack".

3. L4D2... Another $50 4 level game? Yay :\

4. So unlike Valve to take the quick buck route *shakes head*. Where's my Ep. 3 MutherFuxxors!?!

5. L4D2 wasn't even a Valve announcement at E3 it was an MS 360 announcement. Woo-hoo Valve fingers the PC gamers that made them great with this brilliant stunt. o.0

Oh and comparing AC to L4D makes no sense. AC was a full game, repetitive as hell but still a full game. I think Ubi will give us a more rounded out AC this time around. There's nothing wrong with sequels, imo they should follow somewhat closely in the footsteps of their predecessors, that's kind of the point. Tweaks to gameplay, mechanics, design etc... should be obvious but don't ever expect a sequel to be a 180 from the original. Jumps such as Fallout 2 to Fallout 3 are rare. And in the case of Fallout 3... I think it was needed to bring the franchise inline with current trends, and I think it worked.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 AM

amedeus8 is a jewel in the community amedeus8 is a jewel in the community
I seriously just got L4D on the 360 like a month or two ago. And it's great and all, but there could really be more to it. Really, as long as they keep supporting the first one I'm sure people will still play it so I have no problem with the releasing a sequel in that case. I like the idea of playing around Atlanta and the south in general - there's already a million zombie games set in and around cities. It would be cool to have sort of a cajun bayou or something to wander around in. If they did it up right with fog and specialized enemies (as opposed to just five), that setting could be amazing.

I'm really looking forward to the second one, but I'm obviously going to have to keep playing the first one - I barely have half the achievements yet!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:14 PM

20 min each portion, 5 portions each campaign, 4 campaigns. Add to it the online play, a free new mode as DLC (Survival Mode) and DLC adding other 2 campaigns in Versus mode.

I know all this isnt much but Valve gave a reply for fans of L4D that along with L4D 2 they will release an SDK that will let players make their own maps and play in L4D 2. I hope they add some kind of feature to be able to combine 1 with 2 maybe maps, characters etc.

I even heard L4D2 will feature a city where infection hasnt struck yet. Im very eager to play this one I dont mind at all if they make major changes like the voting here showed. Melee weapons, new gameplay tactics, over 7-8 new special zombies along with old ones reacting differently at day, day/night settings, a storyline connecting the entire game very different than the first, new survivors, 5 campaigns (previous one had 4), Survival mode included, a new mode Valve didnt reveal yet (I hope its something sizzling).

I think all this does come near the phrase 'major changes' as Valve stated the sequel is just too big with too much content to be given as DLC or update to the first. I dont know I just love L4D im waiting for new one.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:46 AM

CdnGamer has much to be proud of
If they had tried to do this in a DLC download, you would've been staring at a loading screen for a full 5 hours. Left 4 Dead 2 is looks very good quite frankly, and I think people are blowing this whole thing about it not being an expansion out of proportion. Valve has already said that they plan on still supporting Left 4 Dead, so it's entirely up to the gamer if they want to buy the next one. All I know is, if people think that 50$ is too much to pay for the game, then just don't get it.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
If they really intend to support both games at the same time, then I hope the sequel is significantly different in just the right ways, without actually making the original obsolate or invalidating it.

A good example would be if they placed this significantly later in the same timeline. Players could decide for themselves which era they want to play.

On the other hand, if they make significant improvements to gameplay, such as doubling the weapon options, and don't do the same to the original, then L4D2 is really just a replacement, not a sequel.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.