11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-30-2009, 04:12 PM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Post Unofficial FAQ for Automated Activity Entries
(maybe down the road an admin can take this over and sticky it, like the events one? In the meantime PM me for additions/changes)

General

Q: I played [Game A] yesterday morning on [Steam/Live/xfire], and then again last night. Why weren't two entries created?
A: The system makes one automatic entry to encompass the whole days worth of gameplay, combining two or more sessions to form one entry.

XBOX Live / Games For Windows Live

Q: I entered my gamertag yesterday, but no activity entries showed up today - why?
A: The system compares one day of activity to another day of activity in order to see what you actually played, whether there was a gamerscore change, etc etc. So it needs two days of activity in order to build a baseline and do the comparison.

Q: I just logged in and there's no entry for my gameplay yesterday, even though I played - what's up with that?
A: Couple factors could be at work here.
  • xbox/GFW Live may have had technical issues or you weren't logged in. It happens on occasion that you can't connect. If your info hasn't been updated back to Microsoft, the gamerDNA system doesn't "see" any updated information to pull and create a log entry with.
  • The import process may still be running or may not yet have run. Be patient and keep checking back; as you can imagine there is a lot of data to work with each and every day.
Q: Why does the system think I played [Game A] on the xbox360 console when I actually played it the PC?
A: Some games are available both for the xbox360 and for the PC, and your gamertag is shared across both platforms (even if you were only to ever use one of them!). In Microsoft's game listings, some game names don't distinguish between platform - so when gamerDNA pulls the feed, it can't tell which version you played. One such affected game, at time of writing, is Fallout 3.

Q: Why doesn't it list out all the achievements I gained instead of lumping them into one gamerscore change?
A: It's the way the feed information is provided from Microsoft - the informaton they provide only really indicates what the gamescore total and achievement total for a game is, rather than the individual achievement listings.

Q: Why aren't all the games I have every played automatically added to my gamerDNA?
A: Right now, the system only pulls the games you play after adding your gamertag to your account. There have been plans mentioned that going back and pulling those older games may happen, but for now you'll can add them manually.

Other Platforms

Q: Why can't gamerDNA pull information related to the games I've played on [Platform]? I entered my AKA information properly - what gives?
A: In order to build activity entries, gamerDNA needs to pull data from a central source and associate it to you. It may be that those systems let you review the information yourself via their own user interface, but they do not yet make that information accessible to third parties. If you'd like to see that kind of support, email that company and ask them to find a way to share it!
Last edited by DevsterC : 04-05-2009 at 03:31 AM. Reason: adding more questions.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 PM
gamerDNA Development Team

Wormy is a jewel in the community Wormy is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Wormy
I know that I like to add my gameplay activity in the mornings, and sometimes this is before the processes have finished reading in data (xbox live is usually the slowest).

Well, if you feel like writing up what you did, you can always add the game activity manually, and when we finish processing, we will simply annotate your existing game activity for that day and game, with the relevant info (xfire time..xbl gamerscore change..etc)

Russell Miner (a.k.a. Wormy)

Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 PM

CaptainKrys has much to be proud of
I got a weird issue. The site keeps adding a game (Garry's Mod) to my activities and my game list, whereas I never really played it O_o
Old 01-08-2012, 08:33 PM

starfox444 has much to be proud of
So does this mean my Steam play time won't be retroactively added?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 PM
gamerDNA Staff

jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED
That's correct. The Steam sequencer grabs data beginning when you enable the sequencer in your settings.