11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
March 30th gamerDNA Update Notes
You can check out the release notes for this week's update to gamerDNA on our blog here:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

We improved the calendar on your member homepage now, making it much more useful and usable. Now you can view your entries for particular days, as well as add new game activities or game posts.

We've also added tons of screenshots from Crispy Gamer, more flash games to the site, and much more.

Check out the release notes and let us know what you think!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
It may not have been the biggest update, but every little thing is an improvement.
Hmm, that makes it sound like the site sucked/sucks, but obviously that's not what I'm saying.

It isn't possible to add a video to game pages yet, is it?
I don't think it is, but this is the second update adding/changing something about that, so just in case I'm missing something.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
It isn't possible to add a video to game pages yet, is it? I don't think it is, but this is the second update adding/changing something about that, so just in case I'm missing something.
If by that you mean adding your own user-submitted video, no it is not currently possible to do that. Similarly it's not likely to be something we offer any time soon...at least not upload wise. There is video via external partners, but that's the extent of it currently.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I remembered something about allowing us users to link to videos as well, but on second thought I remembered incorrectly.
It was something I suggested, not something that was announced.
Sorry about my brain misbehaving there; I'll upgrade once I find out how.

A quick note:

Halo 3 just has pics, and the "Pics & Vids" in "topPOP" shows that.
RE5 has both pics and vids, and the P&V section shows both.
UT3 has only vids, but there is no P&V section to show them.
(Also both videos were uploaded twice for that game.)
Quake Wars also has only vids, and no P&V section, so it's not just one game.
I think the P&V should be there in those cases as well.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Sweet I also noted you fixed the challenges wrapper on the homepage. Finally I can view all my challenges and not have it look retarded. Are the game pulls behind. I am getting gameplay from Sunday coming in now on Tuesday night?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Savant

Looks like it.
By yesterday night I assumed my BFH session of past Monday was missed, but this morning I saw it found its way into my calendar.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
We've been back populating some stuff that we missed, especially in the case of some Import games who's names/titles didn't match up with our games in the system. We're manually fixing some of those matching problems, so you may see some instances of old game activities being populated into the system
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Savant

That's strange...
I was just wondering about how gamerDNA syncs up games in its database with those in the activity reports taken from Xfire/Steam/Live literally a few minutes ago.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Just noticed the Crispy Gamer link there. Does this mean I have to stop occasionally linking their web-comic?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Just noticed the Crispy Gamer link there. Does this mean I have to stop occasionally linking their web-comic?
Not sure what you mean..you link it in an activity post on your gamerDNA or do you mean a forum post?

In any case..nope! Keep doing whatever you want Crispy Gamer is a partner of ours, in that we pump in content (videos and pictures, mostly) from thousands of games, and we put that in our game pages.

We don't mind if you link to them more