11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Qn1f3 has much to be proud of
Auto-track Game Activity.
Hi gDNA-staff and people,

I registered quite long ago, for some reason, when I stumbled upon this site. But I don't see the point or have I missed something, I'm rather sure that I've been missing out on the info.
  • Do you have to fill in everything yourself?
  • Or are there any client software who transfers all games/achievements and so on from i.e Steam?
  • Is Xfire a requirement for such automatic behaviour?
  • Do you have to be logged in to gather data?
Or have I simply got it all wrong, you play a game and then you come here to report what you've been doing?

It's a real nice site/community, keep it up!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Well Qn1f3,

The way it works is like this. You have AKA's if you add those for Xbox Live, Steam, and/or Xfire it will gather data from that. The only requirements that you need to have it pull that data, is to have the steam or Xfire software and be logged into those programs while you are playing.

You can add AKA's for other things, like PSN etc. but at this time they don't have autoblogging features for those networks. For those networks you have to add your report for those games. I hope that explains most of it. I sent you a friend request and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for a fast and good response. I get how it works now, from your response as well as my own experience. Since I played Fallout 3 a couple of hours and it got registered.

But it registered wrong, I played on PC. Tho I guess since it's a "Games for Windows LIVE!"-title it can't se any difference.

Does it gather achievement data?

Or is it only able to keep track of what you're playing at the moment?

I reckon gamerDNA is still growing, adapting, evolving and so on. It sure has some interesting features and I hope it will continue to grow and get better.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

Currently there is no difference in the data they get from Games for Windows and Xbox Live. So for right now it just says Xbox 360, I believe.

If you go to your public profile, and click on the game activity, then go to it's page by clicking on the title, it will say verified if it's one that can auto blog, and if you got achievements it will say how many points you got for that experience. Like this http://waynemsmith.gamerdna.com/game...0-on-17-mar-09
Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qn1f3 View Post
But it registered wrong, I played on PC. Tho I guess since it's a "Games for Windows LIVE!"-title it can't se any difference.
You pretty much got it right...there's a known issue for a few select games that the platform is picked up wrong due to a certain Windows/Live setup. It should be fixed soon enough though.

As Wayne explained and you figured out...AKAs allow for you to auto-track on certain platforms like xbox live, xfire, and steam. Some achievement data is tracked/added as well...such as how many Achievement points your earned. To add onto that, you have the ability to manually add/edit Game Activity to add your own details.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:50 AM

Thought so, I did see the verified gameplay feature. A complete list over the specific achievements is'nt available at the moment I suspect?

And if the possibility to manually alter your achievements existed, you would've been able to "cheat".

I continued to play a bit more Fallout 3, the same way as earlier. But apparently it did'nt gather the later data?

Is there a known bug?, does it only gather for one session a day per game?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand it.

Also I accidently commented my game activity instead of "signing" it from my own login. Found myself unable to alter it, is that meant to be?

Thank you!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qn1f3 View Post
Thought so, I did see the verified gameplay feature. A complete list over the specific achievements is'nt available at the moment I suspect?

And if the possibility to manually alter your achievements existed, you would've been able to "cheat".

I continued to play a bit more Fallout 3, the same way as earlier. But apparently it did'nt gather the later data?

Is there a known bug?, does it only gather for one session a day per game?
The system does not track individual achievements for games. It also only gathers data once per day per title. So for example, you can play Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 and/or World at War, World of Warcraft, and any other title you own while logged in on either Xbox Live, XFire and/or Steam. The data will pull for each title played, but only once per day, even if you play a title multiple times per day.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

But it pulls it on the next day I believe that way if you did play multiple times the day before it will get all of those in one pull.

So even if you play more than once don't worry it will get the data for all of them. And if you manually add the activity after the first time you play that day, it will still get the data for the rest, on the next day and display it in the activity.

As to your data not showing up. When you first add aka's it doesn't display your gaming right away. If I can find the direct quote I will, but the staff said that they pull your data for two days and compare it. It shows them what you are actually playing as to what you have played (since on the first pull it would display ALL your gaming data from when you first started using that program) This makes it so that you don't have like 200 posts on the first day. So your auto blogging should start on the 3rd day sometime.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMSmith View Post
But it pulls it on the next day I believe that way if you did play multiple times the day before it will get all of those in one pull.

So even if you play more than once don't worry it will get the data for all of them. And if you manually add the activity after the first time you play that day, it will still get the data for the rest, on the next day and display it in the activity.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't pull for multiple times playing the same title in one day. For example, say I were to play Call of Duty 4 on one particular day, then take a break from playing for an hour or two. If I were to go back and play more Call of Duty 4 later on the same day, the data pull would only count my having played the game once per day.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

But what I'm saying is that even though it counts for playing once a day, it should display the data for the whole days playtime.