11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 04-05-2009, 03:36 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
I thought Vita-Chambers was a god send for my first play through.

Im still amazed I beat it on Hard without using one..

And you right I would like to see your main character get drilled through by a big daddy.

From what I understand, Vita-Chambers will be around, they will just serve a different purpose. Another mechanic will be used for continuing.

I don't think that you'll be able to see a Big Daddy drill into your character unless you look down while it is happening. If 2K Marin is continuing with the immersion aspects of Bioshock, there won't be any third-person views. It would detract from the idea that you are the main character (the prototype Big Daddy).
Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
From what I understand, Vita-Chambers will be around, they will just serve a different purpose. Another mechanic will be used for continuing.

I don't think that you'll be able to see a Big Daddy drill into your character unless you look down while it is happening. If 2K Marin is continuing with the immersion aspects of Bioshock, there won't be any third-person views. It would detract from the idea that you are the main character (the prototype Big Daddy).
Yeah

But imagine this.....your walking down a hall a big daddy pops outta nowhere DRILLS YOU right through your stomach all still in FP and ou look down, and BAM! he pulls it out, you fall to the ground, you black out, and low and behold your in the nearest Vita-Chamber. Or Whatever they will have.

I think that would be badass.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Yeah

But imagine this.....your walking down a hall a big daddy pops outta nowhere DRILLS YOU right through your stomach all still in FP and ou look down, and BAM! he pulls it out, you fall to the ground, you black out, and low and behold your in the nearest Vita-Chamber. Or Whatever they will have.

Heh heh... makes me think of the scene from Quake 4 when your legs get chopped off.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Yeah

Yeah.... sort of like this trailer?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Yeah.... sort of like this trailer?

YES! something like that but a bit more immersive.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
I read an article on the up coming game, and came away dissapointed, I was like yawn, more of the samething.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Enthusiast

^^^

Glad you are so clairvoyant as to the complete experience considering we haven't seen a single screen shot or know much more than general plot and vague descriptions of a couple main characters. And why do people dis the "more of the same" in a sequel. That's especially hypocritical coming from a person who chooses the Halo series as the best FPS ever. I mean each Halo is SO unique and unlike the others, lol. I often expect there to be much of the same in a sequel, well because... it's a sequel, and in this case in the same setting etc etc... What are you expecting? How would YOU make it better? I agree that some new gameplay, characters and settings would be nice, and I bet 2K will deliver on that. And hopefully without compromising what made Bioshock so good, story!
Last edited by Thund3rball : 04-14-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Ya... this is totally going to suck.
/sarcasm

First gameplay footage!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.html
Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaredwingsfan View Post
I read an article on the up coming game, and came away dissapointed, I was like yawn, more of the samething.
I fail to see how more of Bioshock is a bad thing. And I'll second Thund3rball: What exactly disappointed you? It's easy enough to pop onto a forum and say "this game is going to suck". Why not give us some reasons why you think it's going to suck, and maybe offer a few ideas on what 2K Marin should do?

Making a sequel to a popular game is always a tightrope act. On one hand, you need to have enough of the first game so that you don't alienate the fans, and on the other you need to add enough that's new so that nobody says "more of the same thing".

Personally, I'll be withholding judgment until I get my hands on the thing. In the meantime, I'm very excited about the prospect of returning to Rapture.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM

Crimmastermind has much to be proud of
Lol, Vita-chambers were awesome! The first time I played it on hard, I ran out of ammo and had to make do with hammering the big daddy with my wrench and respawning over and over again.