11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Bioshock 2
Finished reading Game Informer's Bioschock 2 article really got me pumped to play the game. When I finished the first game I wasn't convinced that it even needed a sequel, but the direction 2K Marin is taking it is very interesting.

I'm going to assume that those reading this thread have completed Bioshock, so from this point on those who haven't should be aware that spoilers may be present. Also they should go out and play the game already. I mean, seriously. It is very good. No more excuses.

The biggest reveal was that not only do Big Daddies come back into play in Bioshock 2, but that you get to play as one as well. And not just any run of the mill Big Daddy either. You play as the prototype, the very first Big Daddy. So you get the best of both worlds: You get the brute strength and drill arm of a Big Daddy and you get to wield Plasmids (something engineered out of the later models).

The game also takes place in Rapture, but a Rapture that is ten years older and been surviving without Adam or Plasmids the whole time. Plasmids are reintroduced with the return of one of the original Little Sisters, who sets herself up as the Big Sister, a lithe, armored monstrosity that can wield plasmids like Yoda wielding the Force. She creates new Little Sisters, and the Adam flows once again.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Can't wait to watch you play it.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
I have yet to completely play through the first Bioshock, but this looks like it could be shaping up to a fun sequel. I'm just curious to know about the origins of the Big Sister and how Rapture managed to survive for so long after.

But where did this prototype Big Daddy come from?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Wow ten years of Rapture place must be as leaky as hell then = P and didn't we kill all the splicers and as far as i know all the people in Rapture died

Old 03-22-2009, 03:14 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Nope. Many splicers lived, mostly because in Bioshock you only explored a very small portion of Rapture. It's a big place. Plus, the Big Sister brought more people in, mostly to serve as new Little Sisters.

2K Marin has also said that Fontaine Futuristics, the company most responsible for the initial development of Adam and plasmid technology, will be explorable in Bioshock 2. Sounds like fun.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 AM

DuneRgo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Finished reading Game Informer's Bioschock 2 article really got me pumped to play the game. When I finished the first game I wasn't convinced that it even needed a sequel, but the direction 2K Marin is taking it is very interesting.

I'm going to assume that those reading this thread have completed Bioshock, so from this point on those who haven't should be aware that spoilers may be present. Also they should go out and play the game already. I mean, seriously. It is very good. No more excuses.

The biggest reveal was that not only do Big Daddies come back into play in Bioshock 2, but that you get to play as one as well. And not just any run of the mill Big Daddy either. You play as the prototype, the very first Big Daddy. So you get the best of both worlds: You get the brute strength and drill arm of a Big Daddy and you get to wield Plasmids (something engineered out of the later models).

The game also takes place in Rapture, but a Rapture that is ten years older and been surviving without Adam or Plasmids the whole time. Plasmids are reintroduced with the return of one of the original Little Sisters, who sets herself up as the Big Sister, a lithe, armored monstrosity that can wield plasmids like Yoda wielding the Force. She creates new Little Sisters, and the Adam flows once again.
Aww thats soo sad, after you rescue her and a couple of her sisters (good ending) she comes back and wants to kill people?

Got a pic of the Big Sis? I thought she was the girl in the trailer until u said "Armored monstrosity".

Edit: and thats another thing, is their a specific ending that this story continues from? Or is the reason for the Big Sister coming back just left as unexplained?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Bioshock is fantastic. I know many were upset that it wasn't System Shock 3 but I loved it. Few games have had such depth, storytelling and sub text to them as Bioshock. I can't wait for 2. Sequels are so touchy though, it could be great (aka: Half-Life 2) or not. *Prays for greatness*
Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
This game is going to be mad epic

I mean seriously.....The story alone blew me away and made me come back for more.

But I hear that Vita-Chambers wont make a comeback sadly :l

And as odd as it may seem will there be gun play? Cause if you got a drill on one arm and plasmids on the other, whats going to happen? Cause it would seem odd to hold a shotgun with an arm and a rusty drill. Unless the drill is a swappable weapon.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Ha ha vita-chambers. I think why some people hated them so much, is they missed seeing themselves be torn apart, like in Dead Space. What I hope they don't do is make it like Prince of Persia, where Elika just saves you all the time, but in this case, maybe it's Little Sisters? At least spawning in a vita chamber is a little like you died, not just magically getting saved when in peril.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:24 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Ha ha vita-chambers. I think why some people hated them so much, is they missed seeing themselves be torn apart, like in Dead Space. What I hope they don't do is make it like Prince of Persia, where Elika just saves you all the time, but in this case, maybe it's Little Sisters? At least spawning in a vita chamber is a little like you died, not just magically getting saved when in peril.
I thought Vita-Chambers was a god send for my first play through.

Im still amazed I beat it on Hard without using one..

And you right I would like to see your main character get drilled through by a big daddy.