11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Frankly, I don't find the PC vs Console gaming debate to be very compelling. Choose whichever you prefer, and let others do the same. Console gaming has it's ups and downs, as does PC. Personally, I do both.

A lot of the arguments I hear amount to little more than sour grapes. Most people only have enough money for one gaming platform, and so feel the need to defend their choice and assert to themselves that they made the correct choice.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Frankly, I don't find the PC vs Console gaming debate to be very compelling. Choose whichever you prefer, and let others do the same. Console gaming has it's ups and downs, as does PC. Personally, I do both.

A lot of the arguments I hear amount to little more than sour grapes. Most people only have enough money for one gaming platform, and so feel the need to defend their choice and assert to themselves that they made the correct choice.
I have to agree as both a PC and Console gamer. Each platform has their strengths and weaknesses and it doesn't really matter which you pick so long as you enjoy it. I find that PC games are more easily accessible (since I work at my computer half the day), but console games offer a simpler, more seamless experience.

As for control schemes it really boils down to whatever you prefer using. There are some people who can't play FPS games without a controller as strange as it may sound.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:31 AM

BrazilianYeti has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to BrazilianYeti Send a message via MSN to BrazilianYeti
:P I'm all-out FPS, I can't play an MMO for more then 2hrs at a time.. Too boring, but FPS's keep me going all day, I play both PC and Console FPS's and I like both, frankly, I like console gaming better because everyone loads at the same speed (Most of the time) And I grew up with a controller in my hands :P So yeah.. But if you have a 360 hit me up someday (Brazilian Yeti) I mostly play Halo 3 atm, but I play CoD4 and CoD5 along with a few others.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 AM

DuneRgo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4RD1NG View Post
I came to this site thinking there would be gamer's here....thus far all I have found are some MMO keyboard weilding jockies!! Does anyone out there play FPS?! Come one!! This forum is pretty much dead.

Take a wild guess if Im into FPS or not.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 PM

CarlosX360 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
That almost makes it sound like you prefer using a controller, which would make you a Console FPSer, the bastard child of gaming, almost worse than the console RTSer. Silence your tongue!
HAY! You, shut your trap! :P

I'm a console gamer myself, and I loves myself Call of Duty 4 so *sticks tongue out.*
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
I have played FPS games on both console and PC. I have to say accuracy and speed on PC is obviously better. However I have heard time and time again from new players that getting used to KB & mouse can be kind of tricky, whereas picking up a controller and steering around a level with joysticks does come pretty naturally. And I can attest to this too, when I first played Half-Life and Thief many years ago, I did find it a bit challenging to get used to the controls.

Nowadays with games mostly being ported from consoles... the controls seem to be getting worse on PC imo. And some games, like FEAR 2, hardly let you even change bindings. I had to download a 3rd party app so I could map my grenades to mouse button 4 (thumb). Totally lame :\
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 AM

kaburan has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to kaburan Send a message via AIM to kaburan Send a message via MSN to kaburan
http://kaburan.gamerdna.com/images/bf2142-on-a-good-day

BF2142 All the way, I do love me some good FPS'

Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4RD1NG View Post
I came to this site thinking there would be gamer's here....thus far all I have found are some MMO keyboard weilding jockies!! Does anyone out there play FPS?! Come one!! This forum is pretty much dead.
I like how it seems you haven't actually participated in the community. Come one!!
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
I don't play FPSs myself, but Mykal does. I like watching the stories (if they are present). I particularly enjoyed watching COD4. Bada** game.

Yeah, yeah, none of you need to say it. I fully admit I'm not as hardcore as others. Read my hello post. I'm a voyeur, remember?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
The hardest and core-est of hardcore FPS EVAR! lol
http://www.closerangegame.com/