11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-17-2009, 08:30 PM

TH4RD1NG has much to be proud of
I'm Quite Shocked!!
I came to this site thinking there would be gamer's here....thus far all I have found are some MMO keyboard weilding jockies!! Does anyone out there play FPS?! Come one!! This forum is pretty much dead.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
Yea, there's some FPSers around the forums. There's me anyway, haha. I'm into COD4 and the Battlefield series at the moment.

There's ton of FPSers on the main site though...like Retodon said, check out any FPS game page. Check out the gameCURRENT and the filters on it. You can find some discussions there. Friend some other people who play them and you'll be able to easily talk daily to them via your Member Home page. Heck, add me, haha. Though my desktop just recently bust...so only playing Xbox360 shooters at the moment. Normally I play a lot of PC FPS though.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Not many discussions about FPS games in this forum, no.

gDNA offers another way to get in touch with other players though.
Open the page for your favourite FPS page, maybe COD4 (that's a link).
Now check the gameCURRENT for what other members have been doing.
You can easily give a shout to someone from there, invite them to a match, or whatever you want.
Of course you can also invite them to discuss the game here in the forum.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Keep in mind that the site started out as a place to host your MMO guilds, and only just last year became a site catering to all game types. So there is going to be a strong slant towards MMOs still. But as was mentioned earlier, there are a number of gamers on the site that enjoy a good FPS or two.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Do FPS players actually discuss stuff then on boards? I mostly discuss the FPS games I play with the people I play with... Didn't know about the front page thing, will check that out some time.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
What exactly can you discuss "in depth" on an fps anyway? Difficulty? Easy of control? The way the blood-splatter sprays across the noobs as you take out their lead man with a head-shot from a sniper rifle?

But yeah, fps part of the forum is a bit dry atm.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4RD1NG View Post
....thus far all I have found are some MMO keyboard weilding jockies!! PDoes anyone out there play FS?!
That almost makes it sound like you prefer using a controller, which would make you a Console FPSer, the bastard child of gaming, almost worse than the console RTSer. Silence your tongue!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
What exactly can you discuss "in depth" on an fps anyway? Difficulty? Easy of control? The way the blood-splatter sprays across the noobs as you take out their lead man with a head-shot from a sniper rifle?

But yeah, fps part of the forum is a bit dry atm.
There is a lot to discuss. It's the same as every other game. You can discuss the story, levels in the single player, levels in the multiplayer, the best weapons, best spots to play on the map, etc etc.

Nothing really different from any other genre, particularly MMOs.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
(Out of ammo for G7 Gaming Keyboard)
Sure, your wireless controller is nice and all that, but you haven't seen what I can accomplish with this keyboard. Primary fire has excellent range, perfect for sniping. Secondary fire drops grenades. Fricking grenades, man! Granted, it's a bit heavy.

Actually, there have been several discussions about the general supremacy of keyboard+mouse over the joypad-style console controller, but they're sort of one-sided. I have to assume that a lot of the really hardcore FPS players really don't spend much time on forums talking about it, for... whatever reason. Not to imply that you're not really hardcore if you're reading this. I'm not. Really.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --