11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Great thanks to know. Is this the IE crash or the xfire stuff?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hey ChangeAgent, the personalized game activity page seems to be working fine, but whenever I open my browser and it tries to load gDNA I get that same error message. After pressing refresh or typing in the url I can usually load it, but I was just wondering if that problem with the activities page might be happening here. I have my homepage set to http://www.gamerdna.com/member/home then I changed it to http://www.gamerdna.com to see if that would fix it, but I am still getting it.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
So when you load your member home you are getting the error? The same one you were getting for the activity pages?

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
So when you go to this page:

http://waynemsmith.gamerdna.com/game...c-on-08-mar-09

It crashes? In IE?
Not sure if this has to do with anything, but the above activity is slightly broken for me now (no crashes or anything like that here though).
I don't think it was broken for me before, but I really don't know for sure.

There are some divs with different shades of grey that should contain "Xfire verified gameplay" along with the amount of time played, but instead they are just empty boxes.
I removed some of spacing, but the div containers are in fact empty:

Code:
I'm not sure there was/is a gDNA update going on now, so for all I know it has something to do with that.
I quickly checked a few other activities though (both his and other people's), and no problems elsewhere that I could see.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Enthusiast

Well sometimes it gives me the same game activities crash. Not sure what Ret is getting, I haven't had that, that I have noticed.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:12 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Ok well you should not be getting the same IE7 crash message you were getting. If you are, link me to the problem page. As for the blank activities, I passed it onto the engineers to see what they think about that.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Enthusiast

Okay so heres a screenie. http://WayneMSmith.gamerdna.com/imag...home_crash-jpg I am using the same version as I stated before, and the only other windows updates I have had where some definition updates for windows defender. I have noticed that when this happens it's when I boot up my laptop, and then I don't have the problem again. I will shut my computer down a couple of times and see if it happens every time I do that.

Edit: Okay so it doesn't happen every time I boot up. However, as far as I can remember this is the only time it's happened.
Last edited by WayneMSmith : 03-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
gamerDNA Staff

You could have had an old version of the file we fixed to prevent the issue on other screens. Has it happened since?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

I'll clear all my cookies and temporary internet files. If it happens again I will let you know.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

Hey ChangeAgent, this morning when I booted up, and opened my browser I got the crash again.