11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-09-2009, 04:45 AM

Dohboy has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Star Trek Online
Im sure alot of people have heard or seen some stuff on the game, its been in the works since about 2001. But check out this interview that was on G4's Xplay the other day. http://g4tv.com/xplay/videos/36924/A...ek_Online.html
Old 03-11-2009, 11:59 PM

Grinn has much to be proud of
Yeah, I'm not really a Trekkie or a Trekker or whatever they want to be called, but this game is looking pretty sweet. Not only is an an MMO in space that's not Eve Online, nor EQ skinned with space ala Earth and Beyond, but I also really like the fact that there are numerous ways to "level up". I'm sure there's standard EXP rewards, but you can also customize your ship and your crew -- that rocks.

Also teaming up with friends for some large dynamic tatcial battles of firing and positoning seems like it'll be more entertaining in this game than grouping up in games like, say, WoW.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Grinn has much to be proud of
OK, awesome. From the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: Will console and PC players be on the same servers?
A: We would like that to be the case. There is nothing technologically keeping us from making it so.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I think this game is a great idea, however I can't help but think of this:
Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I have a bad feelign this will be a bad version of Star Wars: galaxies

Old 03-12-2009, 05:58 PM

dbarelli has much to be proud of
Never heard about this game, will read something about..
Old 03-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It was a shoddy mmo of Star Wars and apprantly the game paly was shite

Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
It was a shoddy mmo of Star Wars and apprantly the game paly was shite
Actually, it was a spectacular MMO with awesome gameplay. Unfortunately that was an accident which the devs did everything in their power to fix, thus turning the game into "shite".
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Guru

Ah thank you Sensational for clearing that up, i could never get the trial to work on my pc >_______< what was the problem?

Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Debaser has set foot on a distinguished road
It looks like it's shaping up to be an awesome game, still no official release date yet, but it's looking like later this year or early 2010. As far as I know most of the gameplay is done and they're working on content and tweaking things.

http://www.startrekonline.com

They've also got some pretty robust forums going on over there, stop in and check it out!