11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 09:52 PM

paperfan9000 is community member of note
Question What is your SNES favorite?
The days of the Super Nintendo were filled with great game releases, from the wonderously memorable Super Mario World to the blockbusting Chrono Trigger. In those days, many a Nintendo fan waited in anticipation of the game that would send the Sonic franchise to the dumpster (no offense to the blue blur). Those were the days of glory for so many gamers.

As such, I have decided to ask a question that has been compelling me with its enigmatic charm: What SNES game really drew you in, opened its gates, and gave you a glimpse of gamer heaven?

All drama aside, I'd have to say that my answer is this: Super Metroid.

This game was, in my opinion, the best shooting game on the Super Nintendo. It always offered a great challenge no matter how many times you played it. There were so many tricks you could use (anyone remember the Shinespark?), a multitude of powerups, and a multiple ending system that added the drive to finish as swiftly as possible. Not to mention that blowing the final boss's brains out is so satisfying every time you do it!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM

yonatan555 has much to be proud of
For me its gotta be Mario Kart; this was when i was in college and my roommate and i were very competitive. Never got tired to shooting turtles shells or zapping one another with a lighting bolt, shrinking and running over each other.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I never owned the console, so my opinion may be influenced by that, but I vote for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
There's so many to choose from. Gun to my head, I'm going to have to go with Chrono Trigger. Greatest 16bit JRPG ever made. Although Super Metroid was excellent. So was Mario Kart. And Super Mario World. And Earthbound. I could be here for days...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Booda is a jewel in the community
The game that made me go out a purchase a SNES was Starfox. Loved it back then and still do.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
I'm going with Mario Kart on this one. I spent so much time playing that and even now, it's still my favorite one in the series.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:55 AM

SqualZell has much to be proud of
Super Mario World was and still is one of the top games on my list, then it would be Starfox and Super Metroid. And one can't forget the TMNT Turtles in Time, that was just fun to play with friends.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 AM

trapezonian has much to be proud of
What is your SNES favorite?
The pioneer game super mario hehe. I like the part 3 where mario can fly when you get the leaf.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapezonian View Post
The pioneer game super mario hehe. I like the part 3 where mario can fly when you get the leaf.
I think you are thinking of the Super Mario Bros. games on the NES, which came out before the SNES.

As for my favorite title on the SNES, I would have to go with either Super Mario World or Donkey Kong Country.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM

Kittygrinder has much to be proud of
zomg no mention of Breath of Fire 2??!
or Chrono Trigger?!?
both games i have played, many times, on many platforms-- snes emu, gba, and now chrono trigger on ds! i'm dying for a bof2 on ds~ that would be the best. bof2 is probably my favorite game ever, not just snes.

eta: no Earthbound fans either?! aghhhhhh!
eta2: just realized i missed Mykal's mention of CT & Eb. /CHEER Mykal!!