11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-06-2009, 12:29 AM

Quilon has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOM-OF-SINS View Post
I've have about half of the required points for all the multiplayer unlocks right now. I just unlocked the rocket launcher but don't know how to set it up on my character for some reason. I don't see it in the options.
When you choose your spawn point press L1 or R1 you can choose your sqaud and load out, from there just press up or down on the d pad then left or right to choose the different weapons. That would be my guess since that's how I select the medic class I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji042 View Post
I've only played the demo, but the default sensitivity was horrible. Plus, it made me dizzy just staring at it strangely enough. I usually don't get "FPS sickness" from too many games anymore.

Are there any dash controls by the way? I find the default speed is a bit slow.
Yeah the sensitivity thing was supposedly a choice by Guerrilla to add to the realism and weight of the weapon you carry. Personally I don't think it was a good choice. But for FPS sickness I am thankfully not getting that with this game. I have it when I play Resistance 1 and a few others. As for dash if you press L3 (down on left analog) that should work. It's nice that they allowed you to sprint pretty far in comparison to COD4 and a few other games.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
When you choose your spawn point press L1 or R1 you can choose your sqaud and load out, from there just press up or down on the d pad then left or right to choose the different weapons. That would be my guess since that's how I select the medic class I got.

Yeah the sensitivity thing was supposedly a choice by Guerrilla to add to the realism and weight of the weapon you carry. Personally I don't think it was a good choice. But for FPS sickness I am thankfully not getting that with this game. I have it when I play Resistance 1 and a few others. As for dash if you press L3 (down on left analog) that should work. It's nice that they allowed you to sprint pretty far in comparison to COD4 and a few other games.
Really? Awesome, I might try it again. My FPS sickness might have just been a result of tired eyes. I seriously hope so.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:51 AM

GR1MNIR has much to be proud of
Overall I've been having a blast with the SP aspect. I like the MP but there are a few things that don't sit well with me. For starters I don't like the fact that the squad option is not easier to access, and it doesn't move from one game to another with you. Plus I think the amount of people with mics that pick up a ton of background noise is very annoying.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Killzone 2 is a roller-coaster -- literally. It has its moments, but ultimately it's a shooter on rails that will bore you to death if you've already ridden coasters like Crysis or Gears of War 2. What Killzone 2 does have is a lot of polish and graphics galore, but even the prettiest vista still leaves a desire of doing something fun after five minutes of gazing.

I'll be the first to admit I suck with console controls for FPS', so after trying to run and gun only to die a lot I decided to try my luck with the knife. Now, as a CS vet I know that a knife can be lethal using a well-timed alt-fire, but Killzone ultimately removes all the skill portion and makes knife kills a gimme. If you stab an enemy in the head, they die. If you stab them in the foot, they die. If you fart and the gaseous mass forms a dagger and hits them, they die. In fact, many times these idiots will take their time off a ledge or out of an APC to where I can simply dash up (sprint is infinite far as I can tell) and kill them all without consequence. I'm convinced if I put tape over R1 and the forward button, the game could complete itself.

I was already in snooze mode by the time I made it to the first high ground defensive battle, but Lunesta has nothing on K2 for sleep aid. Maybe it was the fact that I was playing on normal difficulty, but when you make a battle so fucking easy that the NPC's can finish it with zero human interaction -- I just turn the game off and play Left 4 Dead. I literally sat my dude in a hut, grabbed a beer, took a piss, wrote a thesis on quantum physics, and came back to a completed checkpoint. Of all things this game is, challenging is not one.

All hating aside, I'm sure plenty of people (read: PS3 owners only) will find Killzone 2 a great game. For everyone else, chances are you've already played something better.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 03-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Quilon has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MNIR View Post
I think the amount of people with mics that pick up a ton of background noise is very annoying.
I completely agree. This is by far one of the few flaws with in game communication over the PSN. At this point I will usually turn my headset on and then set it on the desk in front of me rather than actually use it to communicate with my team.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 PM

GR1MNIR has much to be proud of
Jodou that was a fantastic analysis of the game. I definitely agree with you on a lot of your points. It doesn't stop me from having fun in the game, but I can definitely see where you are coming from. Coming from the PC and X360, there are few games that I buy for my PS3. Killzone 2 was the 3rd game that I purchased for the system. In a way I think I might have lowered my standards to overcome the games faults.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Enthusiast

fuqawee is a jewel in the community fuqawee is a jewel in the community
Sometimes there's an advantage to being a casual gamer. I don't tend to notice twitchiness in controls or funky graphics, but I do tend to get my lips shot off more often than not. I had a lot of fun in SP andd so far MP has been cool, but I've only tried the deathmatch type game mode. I do notice that it's pretty easy to camp one spot for a while and get some kills, but as a paintballer that goes against my instinct to keep changing position. Besides, who likes to play against a mushroom?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:00 PM

D1LDOBAGG1NS has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to D1LDOBAGG1NS Send a message via Yahoo to D1LDOBAGG1NS Send a message via Skype™ to D1LDOBAGG1NS
I tend to move around constantly in BC matches, but that's due to playing other FPS's
Old 05-24-2009, 02:25 AM

GuiltyDragon has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GuiltyDragon
I played it all the way through on Veteran, messed around with the multiplayer for a few hours, then haven't touched it sinse. It's a good game, but it's as by-the-numbers as you can get. It's funny that the developers saw fit to lumber you with an AI partner from the start, but never give you the oppertunaty to play Co-Op.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:41 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
I didn't have any problems with the controls, but I can understand how some people might. It wasn't designed with fans of twitch fps games in mind. The twitchers complained enough to get them to change it, so the controls are closer to CoD4 now.

If you're used to playing twitch fps games, then you will want to d/l the patch before you do anything else. Otherwise, play through the campaign with the original controls before patching up to play online. It will make you better at online, in my experience.

My Website