11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Chrisbjerre has much to be proud of
Retro Games kicks ass!
Ok, so I have bought a couple of retro games in the past couple of months, Mega Man 9 and Super Street Fighter 2 HD.
I knew Mega Man was a tough series. But when I was a kid (around 8 or 9) I kicked these games ass. I usually had all the robot bosses beat in a couple of days and the game within a week or so. Actually that was the norm for me. Crushing games in the first week or two of having it. Ok, so I'm 15 now, and I have only beat 2 freaking robot bosses in Mega Man 9. Thats it! Got my ass owned. I put it down and still haven't picked it back up. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. Kickin' retro tunes and graphics and best of all no freakin passwords! (remember those XP) But it its quite hard. Or maybe I don't have the time or patience I once had. Well enyway, retro games rocks.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Speaking of insanely difficult old-school games, I remember playing Castlevania one week while home from school with the Chicken Pox. Itched like mad all week, but I beat the game (was 8 at the time). Didn't have much else going on besides trying not scratch.

As far as recent releases, SF4 actually has quite an old-school vibe to it that is quite satisfying. Wasted youth spent plugging quarters into Street Fighter II at the bowling alley. The funny part was I wasn't supposed to be playing video games at all, but there I was every day after school. I guess there are some benefits to being a latchkey kid.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Chrisbjerre has much to be proud of
Good old days
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Speaking of insanely difficult old-school games, I remember playing Castlevania one week while home from school with the Chicken Pox. Itched like mad all week, but I beat the game (was 8 at the time). Didn't have much else going on besides trying not scratch.

As far as recent releases, SF4 actually has quite an old-school vibe to it that is quite satisfying. Wasted youth spent plugging quarters into Street Fighter II at the bowling alley. The funny part was I wasn't supposed to be playing video games at all, but there I was every day after school. I guess there are some benefits to being a latchkey kid.

I sometimes miss the good old days.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
yes back when 32 bits was still awesome and 3d was a new concept and megaman was still cool.

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribaut View Post
yes back when 32 bits was still awesome and 3d was a new concept and megaman was still cool.
Or even further back, when nobody had even heard of bits and all you needed for a great time was four paddle controllers and a copy of Warlords for the 2600.

Think I just dated myself a bit. Oh well. I know I'm getting older.