11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Helix Developers/API (Beta)

Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 PM

HeathenStorm has set foot on a distinguished road
Under Construction Extending API:Member:GetProfile - suggestions.
Disclaimer: I'm plannin' something!

I've been taking a look at the get_member_profile XML, and wonder if it can be extended at some point to include additional information from the Member's DNA.

Such as:
  • Adding Public AKA identities to the base XML feed, allowing export of XBox Live, Steam, etc. details to API consumers.
  • Including server details in the <characters> section, allowing an individual game character to be determined accurately.
  • Adding further game-specific identities to the feed, either through AKA or individual Game Profiles - an example being the Spore ID. Thus linking a Member to the game data they produce.
All of these suggestions would help integrate the gamerDNA feed with other API services that are out there. Driving applications that would combine data from multiple sources. Naturally, a user would need to keep their DNA up to date to make the most of it - ensuring regular traffic back here.

Just some suggestions though!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Great ideas. I will see what I can do to push some of these forward.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |