11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM

Disstress has much to be proud of
Why does anyone feel the need to devote time and effort into displaying their sexual preference?

I have noticed that only jaded homosexuals feel the need to constantly promote their sexual preference. They put it in everyone's face. I work with many homosexuals, all of which seem to be emotionally stable. They do not feel the need to constantly iterate their preference.They don't get tattoos that hail their preference and they don't wear crazy t-shirts that say it either.

Sexual preference has no place on X-Box live. There are many that believe that homosexuality is wrong and they don't want the emotionally unstable bunch to push it in their children's faces (or their own for that matter.)

Regardless of your belief or moral standing, sexuality has nothing to do with playing COD or Guitar Hero on Live. In fact, gender doesn't either.

It is about having fun while playing games. It is a place to get away from the stresses of everyday life. Having people throw some inane fact about who they prefer sexually into the gaming environment is stupid and should be banned.

They shouldn't allow any comments about being straight, gay, male, female, any race, or any other pointless fact that some emotionally daft individual feels the need to splatter into the faces of everyone they come across.

Your sexuality, your race, your gender, your ethnicity, and your hairstyle do not have any bearing on your ability to play a game.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
I don't see the big deal. I have huge faith in the free market. People should be able to run their businesses the way the want. If you don't like the way they do it, take your business elsewhere. Problem solved.

On that note, I didn't read the article.
What he said.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM

MeRK has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to MeRK
I don't belive being gay is right. But I wouldn't complain about someones profile because they say they are. And I wouldn't do the same in real life.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:05 PM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
I don't care if someone is homosexual, straight, bisexual, or ANYTHING else. We have the right to freedom of speech. We have the RIGHT to display our sexual preference anywhere.

I should not have to be banned or jailed for being "different" because a bunch of "normal people" are too blind to see past their ignorant beliefs, past their rage.

As far as I'm concerned, I do not care for homosexuals. I am not one, I never will be one. I have NO problem with anybody being gay or bisexual. I do not care. In fact, I support gay marriages, and why? Because I believe in the Human Rights Legislation.

We are given the right to freedom of speech, it is our right to have it. Just as it is our right to choose our own sexual preference and what we do with it. If we want to be married, then it should be allowed, it is against the Human Rights Act to not allow it for it breaks equality.

We have the right to all be treated as equals. To not be discriminated against. To not have prejudice statements thrown at us from any parts of the world. We have this right, and yet, every single person in this world breaks it.

The moment you insult someone, whether with a simple "F**k you!", the moment you say any racial slurs, any prejudice remarks, the moment you insult or say anything about somebodies look, or personality, race, culture or sex. Doing any of these means you have broken the Human Rights Act. Because you have not allowed the other person their right of equality.

We are all victims of it, and we are all convicts of it. We all break it this right. When will the world learn that ignorance really is not bliss at all? When will we learn that we are all from the same set of species, we are all humans, we are all people. We all have feelings, and we all have our own individual uniqueness. And every single person should be accepted because of this.

The day we were given our independence, our own thoughts, emotions, opinions and beliefs. That was the day we doomed ourselves (IMO).
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanarix View Post
blah blah blah
Go read the first 5 words of the first amendment, and then come back and tell us what the first amendment means with regards to free speech. Microsoft didn't do anything wrong. Your post sounds mostly ignorant, but I won't correct it here because we're not in the Debate forum. (and I don't feel like wasting my time)
Old 02-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanarix View Post
Doing any of these means you have broken the Human Rights Act.
Which only exists where there's someone to enforce it, and even then it only exists to the degree that the enforcer is willing to enforce it. You talk about it as if it is some sort of universal law, really, it might aswell be forgotten tomorrow because ideals and morals can change overnight.

Our "rights" are inventions. This is partly why I believe that people should be allowed to discriminate as much as they want to, I don't feel that I, or anyone else, has the right to tell anyone who they can and can't offer their services to. If Joey hates a specific group of people, no matter what the reason might be, he shouldn't have to sell his cookies to that group of people. So, even though Microsoft didn't ban her because she is a lesbian, they might aswell have as far as I'm concerned. And that applies to blacks, whites, cripples, people who speak with a lisp, children under the age of 12, assholes, and alien conspirators.

I don't force you to buy my cookies, I don't even want to sell them to you, yet you wish to force me to sell them to you, despite of what I might think of you. That's not what "freedom" means to me.
Last edited by Sensational : 02-26-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Our "rights" are inventions. This is partly why I believe that people should be allowed to discriminate as much as they want to, I don't feel that I, or anyone else, has the right to tell anyone who they can and can't offer their services to. If Joey hates a specific group of people, no matter what the reason might be, he shouldn't have to sell his cookies to that group of people. So, even though Microsoft didn't ban her because she is a lesbian, they might aswell have as far as I'm concerned. And that applies to blacks, whites, cripples, people who speak with a lisp, children under the age of 12, assholes, and alien conspirators.

I don't force you to buy my cookies, I don't even want to sell them to you, yet you wish to force me to sell them to you, despite of what I might think of you. That's not what "freedom" means to me.
With the exception of the first sentence, you just described property rights perfectly. Where my store is my property from which I sell my goods, I can decide whom I service. Nobody has the right to my property. Same with Microsoft. It's there product, they can do with it as they please. People can discriminate against whomever they want if it's their property.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:36 AM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
And if it's not against the Human Rights Act. Yeah, I'm going to keep bringing that up until all of you learn it's power. It IS real and you want to know what enforces it? The LAW.

If you went out and called me something that was completely racist I could sue you for it. I could take you to court for discrimination, which is a direct breach of Human Rights.

I have no problem with people THINKING such thoughts. But when you put those thoughts to paper and to somebodies ear shot, then prepare for any consequences you may have just asked for.

Property or not, Microsoft does not ban someone unless another PLAYER finds it offensive. It's the same with any multiplayer game. If no one reports it, then the person doesn't get warned or banned. Because the developer doesn't just go out looking for people who break the rules, they do not get paid for that. They get paid to make the game.

So I suppose no one can blame Microsoft for banning this person. But we can blame the ignorance of the players who were "offended" by her openness. And I shall do so.

If you are offended by someone being publicly open, which is what the majority of us is taught to be (I was even though I'm not, I was), then you should get the hell off the internet, and stop playing multiplayer games. Especially when you consider the fact I can put whatever I like on a website (look at shock sites) and not be done for if it's not illegal in the country my site is hosted in*

*Which means, if LIVE was hosted in a country where the Human Rights Act wasn't prominent then anyone could do anything. Same with websites (this is why some warez sites don't get shut down, as the country they're hosted in doesn't deem it as illegal). But since LIVE is hosted in the US, and since most sites are, the law DOES apply to them.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Lurker in Disguise

Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Syldra is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Send a message via ICQ to Syldra Send a message via AIM to Syldra Send a message via MSN to Syldra Send a message via Yahoo to Syldra
how does this qualify as a story?

moron broke the rules and got banned. happens all the time.
...must be a slow news day.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
I didn't think that people were legally protected from discrimination in any situation except employment and housing.