11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 AM

countstex has much to be proud of
Nothing happening
Hi guys, I joined a few days ago and entered all my AKA, but so far not a single gaming activity has been reported by the site, despite tracking on both XFire and my XBOX gamertag. Have I done something wrong on my AKAs? Are there any issues related to having a space in your gamertag? Strangly 360voice seems to be detecting my gameplay....
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by countstex View Post
Hi guys, I joined a few days ago and entered all my AKA, but so far not a single gaming activity has been reported by the site, despite tracking on both XFire and my XBOX gamertag. Have I done something wrong on my AKAs? Are there any issues related to having a space in your gamertag? Strangly 360voice seems to be detecting my gameplay....
Not certain why but it seems to take the gDNA system a day or so to catch up. At least it does for my LIVE account.

One thing you can do is enter in your gaming thoughts by creating a new post on your homepage. You can either link it to a specific game or just post general thoughts on Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I will echo what was said by Mykal. The feeds have to be active for about 24 hours for them to start automatically adding gameplay experiences(at least in the case of new AKAs). Also in the case of your XBL feed, you need to have your privacy settings for XBL set to public, so that it can have the data pulled from your gameplay sessions(probably true for Xfire as well).

Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Hi guys, the way the feeds work is they look at the difference between two days... so it takes 24 hours from when you sign up (at least) to get two full days of data to compare. Because the first time we pull your data, we don't really know what you played because we see a list of games... so we don't make any claims about it until the next day when we compare the list and see what changed.

It isn't a real time pull it, it is a daily check for new activity which is published to your gaming history.

Make sense?

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM

Makes perfect sense, other than I've been registered for almost a week... admittedly I've not been slaughtering the achievements, but I've had a couple. I'll rack up some time on XFire tonight and see what happens in the morning.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
One thing that I found was that you absolutely HAVE to launch the game from the Xfire menu in your sys tray. If you just launch the game from the exe, even with Xfire up and running, it will not pull the data. I tried this a few times in different ways and Xfire just does not pick up if its not launched through its GUI. Just my two cents!

Kaimera-
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 PM

Very strange since XFire itself seems to record the data either way, but I'll try it out.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 PM

Well patience is everything.. all working now.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Glad to hear it's working Coutstex!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
yep yep! Glad its workin for ya! Now u can add ur own comments to the gaming!

Kaimera-