11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 AM

BlackEagleUK has much to be proud of
Infinity Ward using Twitter to get suggestions for Modern Warfare 2 :)
Check it out, Infinity Ward are taking suggestions for the next CoD via twitter - http://tech-today.co.uk/2009/02/infi...s-via-twitter/
Old 02-24-2009, 02:11 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
I thought it was pretty interesting when Robert (the COD community manager) set this up. He's been pretty successful at it...it has repeatedly been a trend on Twitter Search which means lots of people are doing it.

I hope more companies embrace this use of Twitter, especially game companies!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It should be interesting to see what changes/improvements are made from the previous MW.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:21 PM

Corpsecrank has set foot on a distinguished road
Personally I am hoping they use a similar style to that of WaW vs building based around MW1.

I currently play both MW1 and WaW but WaW is a much better game from a technical standpoint. MW1 was almost to fast paced to be enjoyable. Mainly due to the map size and predictable spawn points. MW1 also lacked realistic blood and gore which WaW has almost perfected really.

So basically what I am looking for them to do with the next release is take WaW reskin it with modern war style graphics and then improve things and add new things from there.

If I know infinity ward though they finished WaW took a look at MW1 and said we can do better lol.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsecrank View Post
If I know infinity ward though they finished WaW took a look at MW1 and said we can do better lol.
Actually, Treyarch developed WaW, while Infinity Ward is currently working on Modern Warfare 2. For some reason they trade off after every game. Infinity Ward did CoD 1 & 2, Treyarch did 3, Infinity Ward did 4 and Treyarch did 5. I guess it's good, because it means one developer isn't getting burned out doing one single franchise every single year. Look at what Eidos did with Tomb Raider. That series didn't get good again until Crystal Dynamics took it over.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsecrank View Post
So basically what I am looking for them to do with the next release is take WaW reskin it with modern war style graphics and then improve things and add new things from there.
WaW was made with a modified version of the MW1 graphics engine, so WaW would therefore be a reskin of MW1 with WW2 style graphics. So when MW2 comes out, it will be MW1 with updated modern war graphics.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
MW2 is gonna have bigger maps in story mode and trying to fix the predictable spawns. co-op will also be in it.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Guru

After having read the world exclusive first look at MW2 in the latest issue of Game Informer, it looks to be awesome. Can't wait for November.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
I thought it was pretty interesting when Robert (the COD community manager) set this up. He's been pretty successful at it...it has repeatedly been a trend on Twitter Search which means lots of people are doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post

I hope more companies embrace this use of Twitter, especially game companies!
I agree that more game companies should be on twitter. Since I've been with twitter and have followed game companies. Bethesda taught me to wait a couple of weeks and they will post free DLC codes on twitter. I could of downloaded "the Pitt", "Anchorage", and "Broken Steel" for free from twitter, instead of paying like I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
After having read the world exclusive first look at MW2 in the latest issue of Game Informer, it looks to be awesome. Can't wait for November.

I'm excited as well. After reading the Game Informer and seeing the trailer, I can't wait to watch Soap be my boss. I just hope he doesn't die like Price did, I liked Price.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
For some reason they trade off after every game. Infinity Ward did CoD 1 & 2, Treyarch did 3, Infinity Ward did 4 and Treyarch did 5.
It's because Activision enjoys counting the money that we continually give them. Year after year. Activision used to be one of my favorite publishers as opposed to EA
which has been the evil empire of publishers. But lately EA has been taking steps in the right direction away from that image and it's been Activision which has been more and more embracing the cash cow, evil empire approach. Oh well. On topic: I've sent them my suggestion, Over and over: Modern Warfare is not a title. It is a subtitle. Modern Warfare as a title is not very descriptive, unimaginative, and abandons the Call of Duty brand that Infinity Ward has worked for years to build up. To what end? An article came out today either on Ars or GIBiz (can't remember which) where name recognition of "Modern Warfare 2" was half of that of "Call of Duty." Very stupid move on their part IMO.