11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 PM

XdaveX is community member of note
Anyone heard of Shadowrun?

Heard about this game from a friend, played it on xbox, its pretty good. The company (fasa) went bankrupt a while later, so the servers are run off the players and there will be no shadowrun 2, but all in all its a fun game. Anyone else heard of it/played it?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM

squidpunch has much to be proud of
I actually have it on Windows and on the xbox - however i dont have vista installed anymore, so my windows copy is just sitting around in the box
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM

XdaveX is community member of note
Ah, I see. Is it any different on PC than it is on xbox?

Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
*nervous twitch*

Sorry, original Shadowrun tabletop fanboy in me cries.
The original pen and paper RPG's had so much awesome depth and setting that when I touched SR I was very dissappointed to see they turned it into a glorified CS:S shooter that didn't even stay true to the source material.

I bet the game kicks lots of ass if I didn't have fond memories growing up of wet Seattle streets with Elves and Orks in trench coats trying to break into the Corporate enclaves to let their computer hacker pull some important data files. I think the HL2 mod Dystopia was closer to the feel of the original SR setting; heck the Genesis and SNES RPG's were awesome.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community Eikinskialdi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Eikinskialdi Send a message via MSN to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Yahoo to Eikinskialdi Send a message via Skype™ to Eikinskialdi
Yeah I'm a fan of the PnP and the game was somewhat of a letdown for me. No Coyote Shaman (I stopped playing mages after a particularly nasty encounter with a Gasoline tanker) going round pulling pranks on Corp security, instead it was a shooter. It was a good enough game if you took it away from it's source material though.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
i still have it for the 360. i havent played it in a while and im not that good. the game was fun i just came in to late to the party.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:27 AM

GuiltyDragon has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GuiltyDragon
I played the Demo on XBOX Live. It was fun and all, but the fact there was no cyberware or cyberspace to speak of put me off. The cyberpunk genre is still waiting for a truely great game this generation.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:57 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyDragon View Post
I played the Demo on XBOX Live. It was fun and all, but the fact there was no cyberware or cyberspace to speak of put me off. The cyberpunk genre is still waiting for a truely great game this generation.
Deus Ex 3 is on the way http://www.deusex3.com/
Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I had no idea they had made an XBox game out of it.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
I had no idea they had made an XBox game out of it.
It was made into an Xbox game and PC also. You can play over Live against players on either platform. But it didn't turn out to be too popular.