11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 08-09-2009, 05:44 PM

PompousKristina has much to be proud of
I'm waiting patiently for Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. That update to Soul Calibur 4 looks awesome!

Oh yeah, and Tekken 6 and its update Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion blow donkey crap. Worst Tekkens ever(And I don't even like the Tekken series, even through I already noticed the series has been going downhill since after the first three games and Tag Tournament). End of story.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
I think the genre is making a comeback, but I do not think it has any connection to Smash Bros. Everyone I know has played Smash, but a lot of them don't even know what Virtua Fighter is.

That said, and I mean no offense to any KoF fans, but KoF 12 has me a bit worried about the genre as a whole. It's pretty bare bones for a $60 game...
Old 08-15-2009, 03:05 PM

Dswal has much to be proud of
I personally love some games from the fighting genre. My main is Super Smash Brothers brawl. But there is always a spot in my heart for mortal kombat. It is one of the only one on one fighters that i enjoy. I am not sure why but it could be because of Sub Zero.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
have you played MK Vs. DC yet?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:51 AM

Trainer23667 has much to be proud of
I've had a thing for fighting games dating back to the SNES days when I played Street Fighter,Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, TMNT: TF, and many more, to the most recent like DOA4 or SFIV. This time around, I think the fighting genre is making a slow but steady comeback. Being a bit of a nintendo fan here, Brawl did jumpstart my addiction to fighting games when I actually trained for the Melee tournament at my local Gamestop. ( I lost but I got as far as far as being the final 6 or 8) But it got me motivated to actualy pick up a fighting game and actually study character's attacks, movements, what moves are constantly used, what are, building strategies around charatcers, blah blah blah. I think you can see where I'm going but I think that the genre is coming back. With Tekken 6 on the way, looking very promising might I add, and Dissidia (even though some say its more fan served platform, least from what I heard/read) things are shaping up.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 AM

zhengwei0 has much to be proud of
Thanks for another interesting read.
I think I spend a little too much time on the site, because so far I always know about most things in the newsletter already.

I wasn't aware of the Facebook business page (is that what it's called?) though, just the Group page, but I'm a fan too now.

Good idea mentioning some of our conversations, spotlighting some extra members, advertising the feature to new (potential) members as well.
(Some of those links are currently broken, the protocol part, but are easily corrected.)