11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
hehe ok 1st: Australia has banned 18+ games (crud = lol) and we aren't part of the UK anymore we succedded from England but i think Elizabeth still has some power.

2nd: I most likely would have done what some of those kids did in those schools in America if it wasen't for video games. They realised so much of my stress along with talking to people about it.

3rd: I don't think we need 18+ games why do we need all the violence and sex etc anyway?

4th: i hate double standards its true video games = over censorship tv and movies = barely any. Annoys the hell out of me

Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
3rd: I don't think we need 18+ games why do we need all the violence and sex etc anyway?
Because sex and violence are apparently "mature", despite the fact that they appeal most to the least mature among us.

Isn't human nature fun?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Isn't human nature fun?
Indeed it is. Though sometimes I wish it wouldn't be so effed up.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 AM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
Meh, I like violent video games. I like shooting some random guy whose only crime is getting in my way on Grand Theft Auto. I enjoy running people over, blowing shit up, shooting cops and running people over.

Does this make me evil? Does this make me violent? No, it does not. While I do admit I am slightly more aggressive when playing video games, I do not use that as an excuse (and I never will) for any violence incurred because of gaming or otherwise.

The game does not cause violence, the person does. Have you ever seen a gun kill somebody? Yes? No, you're wrong. You have not. You would have seen a person take a gun and pull the trigger. Ultimately, the person who pulls the trigger of a gun is the person who should be hold responsible for any unlawful actions he does with the gun. Not the gun, and not the manufacturers of the weapon.

The same goes for video games. I do not rape or kill someone because I "saw it in a game." I am not that retarded. I have a brain, or at least half of one. And I use it. I have common sence (something many people thing gamers don't have) and I have morals (another thing).

I know better than to go out and shoot somebody, run somebody over, attack a cop or sexually assault someone (the last of which I would never do because such a thing disgusts me to my very core). And, if I did happen to do anything I would not blame a game or it's developers/publishers because I did so. I would blame me, and only me. Even if someone provoked me, I am the only one who chose to do such an action.

Conclusion: A game is only as "mature" as it's player. If the maturity of the player falters, then so does the maturity level of the game, to whoever is playing it.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Isn't this the part where some person coems in and goes

LIEZ!

Like JT?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
The problem with someone like Jack Thompson is that in his mind, he isn't lying, we are, so anything we say is a lie and can be discarded accordingly. Makes it very hard to debate or counter his arguments.

I have seriously considered all of Thompson's actions and have concluded that they fit the diagnosis criteria of one of several personality disorders (narcissistic, paranoid, etc.) according to the DSM-IV-TR (of which I happen to have a copy). I have actually stated elsewhere (on Gamepolitics, specifically) that he really should seek professional help. That is not me being funny or trying to be insulting, I really do worry about his mental competence, because people with these disorders who don't get their way quite often lash out (sometimes physically) at those around them.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
*evil smile* i hope he lashes out and accidentally does something stupid that gets him locked up for awhile- like hits a cop, or rams a car or something... All gamers would consider it a god sent miracle and probably send him love letters in prison.... with bloody video game screenshots.... Im sure they would make a flash game "honoring" him... hehehehehehe

Kaimera-
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Guru

*rofls* understood *sets up a plan to make Jack Thompson to get sent to jail for life*

Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 AM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
The problem with Jack Thompson is he is blinded by both his religion, his beliefs and his opinions.

But like they say; "Ignorance is bliss."
Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Guru

i guess your right to bad i'm never in ignorence = P