11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Mass Effect 2
The first teaser was released for Mass Effect 2 so I just thought I'd post it here.

Link: http://kotaku.com/5157628/your-first...-mass-effect-2

Is Shepard dead?
I'm still playing the first ME so... T_T

I really shouldn't have watched the trailer. >_<
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Well, Shepard wasn't dead at the end of my game. Maybe they're doing that whole "fake your death to fool your enemies" thing. Hate to think I put all that time building Shepard into a lvl 60 powerhouse for nothing...
Old 02-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
SPOILER! (Highlight to see better)

Shepard isn't dead in the first ME.

END SPOILER

Now heres my specualtion on this

Shepard is not dead, he / she is probably classed as KIA but not actually or possibly seen in the trailer has become a geth (the geth was wearing a N7 logo) ME 2 looks awesome however the storyline would suffer if shepard was not in it. Think about it, we have just developed a form of relationship / knowing of the main character (having created them ourselves) AND having had relations to the characters, i connected with my shepard and if she died it would ruin the story for me (part of my roleplaying i guess). Otherwsie it seems damn good and i can't wait for it to be released

Old 02-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Well, Shepard wasn't dead at the end of my game. Maybe they're doing that whole "fake your death to fool your enemies" thing. Hate to think I put all that time building Shepard into a lvl 60 powerhouse for nothing...
Agreed, that's why I feel sad right now. xD
I've gotten pretty attached to my Shepard character, it would suck to just kill her off. >_<
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Yeah, I know what you mean, although my character is male. I'm really looking forward to ME2... Yipee for the Shepard(s)!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
The following is a quote from Project Director Casey Hudson off the Xbox360Achievements site and contains minor spoilers(highlight if you wish to see)
Quote:
In regards to Mass Effect 2, Hudson states that you will be able to take you character across from the first title and mentions that Mass Effect 2 will take place in a "darker period" where you're "really looking for answers." Hudson also mentions that there will be plenty of "twists and turns" and will be a "much darker experience."
You can find the full article at: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...s-Aplenty.html (if you don't mind other minor spoilers).

Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Good to know Dvader thanks for the info

Old 02-21-2009, 01:16 PM

P3RF3CT10Nz has much to be proud of
I knew about the character transfer option, it was one of the first details announced about the game. As for the trailer, I can see another Quake 4 scenario coming along. E.g. Protagonist gets captured or killed and is made into the thing in which he has been fighting against, and then he remains true to his cause and uses the enemies own technology against them. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if Shepherd does become Geth then we better be able to at least customise what kind of Geth he is, Sniper, Destroyer etc, or the character customisation would be pointless. And I hope the old squad is still in it, Garrus and Wrex FTW.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3RF3CT10Nz View Post
I knew about the character transfer option, it was one of the first details announced about the game. As for the trailer, I can see another Quake 4 scenario coming along. E.g. Protagonist gets captured or killed and is made into the thing in which he has been fighting against, and then he remains true to his cause and uses the enemies own technology against them. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but if Shepherd does become Geth then we better be able to at least customise what kind of Geth he is, Sniper, Destroyer etc, or the character customisation would be pointless. And I hope the old squad is still in it, Garrus and Wrex FTW.
I don't see how the Geth would even want to turn Shepard into one of them. They look down on all organic life as inferior and assimilating organics is not really something they do, beyond disposable frontline troops. The Reapers (whom the Geth worship) want to decimate sentient organics, not bring them up to their level.

And, Garrus rocks!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:55 PM

P3RF3CT10Nz has much to be proud of
Hmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I don't see how the Geth would even want to turn Shepard into one of them. They look down on all organic life as inferior and assimilating organics is not really something they do, beyond disposable frontline troops. The Reapers (whom the Geth worship) want to decimate sentient organics, not bring them up to their level.

And, Garrus rocks!
This is true, and I do highly doubt that the people who wrote the first Mass Effect storyline would leave such a major flaw in the story-line and lore of the reapers.

Hmm, it's obviously something to make people think, and I get the feeling it'll be something really elaborate within the story-line and everyone will be like "Oh why didn't I think of that?"

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.