11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 AM

Islenthor has much to be proud of
Unhappy Guild Ranks
Hi,
I run a Guild in WoW and have made a copy on our GamerDNA Guild Site of the lvl's of the game. There are ony 22 members that have joined the site, but InGame we already have about 72. But the rest is joining slowly...

Isn't there a possibility to link the Guild Ranks InGame to the ones on the site. I really don't see myself updating all the members manually once in a while...

Otherwise, the only practical solution I can see, is changing the Sites Ranks to Administrator and Member. Just to prevent that every member can mess with the site...

Islenthor
Guild Master
Knights of Aslan

Old 02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Yeah, from one guild site runner to another, it is best to not really try and set ranks from the game to the site. My guild currently has about 35 ppl and rather than break down a bunch of ranks we simply keep everyone as a member and the leaders as leaders. If you are doing some kind of say (example) military structure, private through officers, you can pre-create each rank and just assign them, but it is quite a task to keep it all updtated.

To be honest, you wont want to give too many ppl access to different things across the site anyway, so IMO its best just to leave everyone as a member.

Just my two cents!

Kaimera-
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM

Zinya is community member of note
I have a guild member from Antwerp, that's so cool!
Going along with what Kaimeras said, we have just toggled the roster so it doesn't show on the website. With 90ish comething members signed up on here, it's just easier for us to use the WOW Armory roster than the one available here (I don't want to update that many people, eeeek!).

I'm no computer expert by any means but perhaps it would be possible to set up one of the free pages that they give us to show the guild roster as it looks on Wowarmory. We were able to do this with our loot system but not sure how it really happened :s

Or at least you could have a link to your guild's armory?