11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM

x8xid is community member of note
CF suck... no contest. I choose Combat Arms over that trash.
WarRock is fun. While I would rather play BF2, if the choice is CA or WR... WarRock all day long with a birthday song!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
man x8id....I lasted a lot longer in CF over Combat Arms. I've already read your review on it and it just seemed like you got in at a bad launch (of a beta) and never gave it the time of day.

Combat Arms has superior graphics by far but CF, imo was more stable and playable. It didn't have the twitchy/laggy peeps and horrible hitboxes CA had. It also didn't have people screaming "HAX OMFG" everytime I knifed someone in the face. I think the only time I got accused of hacking in Cross Fire was when someone tried to report me for speedhacking because I figured out their same running pattern in a match and hosed him and his buddy down before they noticed me running behind them.

Regardless, both games appear to suck to me now that Quake Live is going strong.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-04-2009, 09:35 AM

dragonhart76 has much to be proud of
That is another game I am interested about, Quake Live. How is it? Are there alot of people playing and is it stable?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
One word to answer your questions: Yes.
Mind you I'm not sure how well it'll run on low-end computers with the plugin but on my fairly modern rig I've got everything a'blazin. It's the Q3 Arena we know and love with the occasional billboard advertisement thrown in (but like we're gonna stop long enough to notice or care) and a great way of keeping track of stats, achievements, where your buddies are etc.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-04-2009, 07:46 PM

x8xid is community member of note
Yeah, you are right my review of the game was pretty harsh. However, I was asked by the creator to review it at that point in time. I make it a habit not to invite reviews of my products until I feel it's the best it can be. It might be unfair, but I hold everyone to that standard. At the point when I played it, it really did suck.

I do not dispute that Combat Arms is also abysmal at it's failings. It's just my opinion that the things CA fails at do not make the game unplayable to myself. As with Crossfire, I was unable to actually play the game.

As far as the community goes.... I swear off the CA community as a whole. I refuse to play public games and you are 100% correct. The problem is, even if Cross Fire's community is "more polite" it doesn't make the game much better if the game itself is still just not fun.

While I personally do not like the game, many others do. By me not endorsing a game I feel that everyone should understand: If you like the same kind of games as I do, I feel you can safely skip this one without regret. However, even games that I score even zero stars on, If you have time I suggest that you form your own opinion on. After all some really great games out there have scored low on other peoples reviews and I think are brilliant. IE: The Thing, The Punisher, Army of Two, Black & White 2, and Project Overkill just to name a few 2 star games that I think are awesome.

In the future I may look to a complete version of crossfire for a re-evaluate. But as I said in my review, I was just reviewing the beta, and I also acknowledged that I understood the game wasn't yet complete. But, I also would like to say, I hate companies that throw the word beta around to protect their reps from bad reviews. I have seen to many times an indi dev company throw out a product, get a bad review, then claim "shenanigans" because "Oh it's not finished, just give us a chance." I say don't invite people to review your product until it is finished.

On a final note - Nexon has updated Combat Arms quite a bit since the first time I got on board. New maps, Glitch fixes, improved graphics, and some better hit box fixes. While it STILL plays like a free FPS... AND still has the worst community of any game I have ever played, the engine... the core of this game is the best of the low end CRAP games we are talking about. What I mean to say... put any of these games together on a closed server, with 100% no cheaters and people who aren't dicks to you and I think you would see that the technical aspect of the game is ultimately more enjoyable. The problem is finding a sterile enviroment... hence why you form a clan and play with only them. So I guess my answer to your comment is... I review games, not the communities that play them. I feel okay judging a game but not other people... I too get called a hacker, but being a game admin it's very hard not to laugh at it. But, in essence you are correct sir, CF has some merit as a game which lies in it's community.

Now that I have got this thread completely off topic... how bout that freaking War Rock game, huh? Well, lets just say... it's no CoD4, or BF2. But in the lowly ranks of Free to play FPS games it's a strong second. It came out way before everything else and is still a strong contender. The first time I played it was when I received a demo of it with an issue of Maximum PC. It was a month before I tried it and when I finally did I had a good month of play out of it before moving on. I liked the idea of it, I passed out copies to my friends and we played. Then I upgraded my system, started playing other games and forgot all about it. In short, it's worth the time you want to put into such a game. It's only going to be as fun as you let it.

And finally, the moral of this whole story... If you are letting the Text of other players ruin your game experience, you are paying TOO much attention to it. The same people typing OMG HAXER at me would get 100 more kills on my sorry butt if they would spend more time shooting and less time typing messages. Screw them. I'm 27 years old and lucky enough to be respected AND have a job in the gaming industry. I really don't care what some 14 year old playing games in his mother's basement thinks these days.

please don't judge games by the dousche bags that play them. Even the sweetest game can be ruined by that.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Uhlik has much to be proud of
I vote Crossfire, its got much worse graphics, and has a much worse community, but its not completely dominated by hackers.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 PM

Uhlik has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart76 View Post
That is another game I am interested about, Quake Live. How is it? Are there alot of people playing and is it stable?
Its kind of stupid in my opinion, but then again I dislike those kinds of games where its all frogging and automatic rocket launchers for everyone.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart76 View Post
If you like Quake 3 then you will like Quake Live. If you don't like Quake 3 then you wont like Quake Live. It was pretty stable back when I played it a bunch and I never had any problems finding a game either.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 PM

Raise has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhlik View Post
I vote Crossfire, its got much worse graphics, and has a much worse community, but its not completely dominated by hackers.
Unfortunately, hackers have seemed to increase by a large amount over the past few weeks. I've seen quite a large amount of speed hacking, and there is a glitch where people are able to continuously fire weapons out of their knife. Luckily, Subagames seems to be doing a good job of banning people, and updating fairly often.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
as long as its free i'll play it. yes im cheap. and i have no money right now.