11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming Platforms > Nintendo (DS, GameCube, Wii)

Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 AM

Hodgeman has much to be proud of
Is downloading the iso of a wii game to play i recently bought legal?
If i softmod my wii to play a backup copy of metroid prime trilogy i bought. is it legal considering i paid for the game?

r4 ds wii wireless controller wii game
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM

Necromanceradr has much to be proud of
Supostely it is not ilegal to backup your games, music cd's, etc (but not for selling). The ilegal thing is to modify your console so it can play backups, so...
Old 09-23-2011, 02:41 AM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community
RE
I wouldn't think so but if you don't get caught.....
Old 10-01-2011, 06:05 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Ok thats a slippery slope, I'm not sure on the Wii's thing but I know you can mod xbox 360's but you can't use LIVE and the warranty is void, not illegal because it's not doing anything wrong yet, same reasons chips are ok to use in the original xbox legally because its not breaking anything.

Downloading the iso of a Wii game and using it on your Wii when you have already brought the Wii game is technically a legal backup and not illegal but it may still be illegal as I am not sure.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It is not legal to download an ISO (or other image) of a disk unless the publisher specifically authorizes that method of distribution (ie. you buy it online and your download comes in the form of an ISO). However, if you have a disk from the publisher, it is legal to make a back-up copy for your own use, but you can't distribute your copies in any way.

The above is American law. Some countries have other rules about making back-up copies, but as far as I know, the world is unanimous on the part about downloading pirated software.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.