11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 PM

GrinReaper has much to be proud of
Prince of Persia?
OKay I started Playing Prince of Persia Classic on XBLA, when I got on gameGNA the Game activity says Im playing Prince of Persia(2008) and Prince of Persia. I don't own Prince of Persia(2008) or ever played it.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
This is not the first time this has happened. A similar issue in which the data pulled from Live showed PoP(2008) in place of PoP Classic occured on 360Voice which is also run by the gamerDNA staff.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Updating my calendar events, I found something similar.
My Tomb Raider Anniversary events are on my TRA page as they should be.
However, they are also on my original TR page, which makes less sense.

TRA is a remake of TR, but gDNA doesn't consider them the same game.
(TR's "Also on" mentions SAT and PS, the platforms for the original only, not the remake's platforms.)

Edit:
I see some Worms HD events on the original Worms page.
However, gDNA does consider those the same game on a different platform, so that's OK.
(Worms HD is closer to one of the later Worms games on PC, engine-wise, but I can follow the reasoning used.)

BrazilianYeti seems to have found another though.
He played The Frozen Throne (WCIII expansion), but it was detected as the original game: Reign of Chaos.
If I read his Xfire profile right, Xfire did detect TFT correctly (looking at "Past 7 Days" activity).
If Xfire detects the expansion as a different game, shouldn't gDNA?
Perhaps this is actually by design though?
Last edited by Retodon8 : 02-15-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added another example
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
There are some issues we are working on where games are named the same on different platforms... in the case of Xbox Live and Games for Windows (Fallout 3) they often share the same names and it is hard to tell which is which because the MS feed doesn't specifically differentiate. We are working on a fix for that.

In the case of PoP it is a similar issue where the retail title and the arcade title havethe same name, but they are missing a unique identifier in the feed from Microsoft... we are aware of the issue and working to resolve that as well.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 02-17-2009, 12:23 AM

GrinReaper has much to be proud of
Alright it's good to know DNA is working on it.