11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
the only sexist thing i do is drink girls blood more than guys blood not my fault *sticks up nose*

Old 02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaimerasPain View Post
cant say u havent lost focus on a game when the girl next to ya is hot and bouncing with the character on the screen *giggle*)
That's just a double win. Who needs to be paying full attention to the game to beat a girl.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM

missladypants has much to be proud of
LoL. Yeah Guy's get really happy when they find out your really a girl or get really mad when you kick their a$$ in the game. I love letting them know that it was a chick that beat them =p. On steam my name is CAUTION*she will kill you*
I usually just get a lot of random friend invites which is kind of annoying and guy's offer me a little more help then usual but I don't take it because it just feels awkward knowing they are only doing that because i am a girl.
The guy's have calmed down a bit though . Nice to see them getting used to us finally.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:32 PM

autoawesomeon has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to autoawesomeon
Playing versus guys in person I usually get a doubtful reaction: "She games? Right." It's then I like to, say, take advantage of my musical prowess, jump on Rock Band drum set and beat them at the game, at music, and at life.

With online play, I tend not to say much if I'm on a headset. I'm not too chatty of a person. So they usually don't know I'm a girl until they check my profile. It's not too unusual for me to get a quick "good game, man" message after a match followed by another one a moment or two later along the lines of "whoa, you're a girl?".

But really for the most part, I don't get much hassle or droolery. The guys I encounter tend to be cool about it. They're probably used to girl gamers by now.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
some gamers aren't i guess it just the type of person. Still don't know why guys get WOAH WTF!! GIRL GAMERZ! CAN I HAZ YOUR ADDREZZ! if you say your a girl maybe there desperate i dunno. Best thing though is that gaming girls are becoming more accepted which is good to hear ^ ^

Old 02-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
some gamers aren't i guess it just the type of person. Still don't know why guys get WOAH WTF!! GIRL GAMERZ! CAN I HAZ YOUR ADDREZZ! if you say your a girl maybe there desperate i dunno. Best thing though is that gaming girls are becoming more accepted which is good to hear ^ ^
More people gaming is always a good thing, regardless of what their naughty bits look like.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Us ladies are definitely becoming more noticed, whether for our DNA or our gamerDNA (ha! Worked that in there...). I, for one, am extremely pleased how well I've seen everyone on this site (male and female) is being received. It's really neat to have a community where I can talk about my preferences without feeling out of place, when I certainly feel that in real life at times.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Guru

I'll take that as a complement for me and others ^ ^

Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
It's meant to be so. This is the most accepting community I've been around in a *very* long time. And there are more gamer chicks than I've seen elsewhere too. It really surprised me there were so many...

But in the end, Mykal's right. We need more gamers, regardless of their gender (or naughty bits, as he puts it.)
Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
And of course I'm one of those on the site welcoming everyone regardless of gender. Good to have more girls getting into gaming, kind of helps it get into the mainstream more.

Last edited by Dvader83 : 02-15-2009 at 11:09 AM.