11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 AM

WalterMondale is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by colliny2k View Post
Titan mode in BF2142 was actually fixed...about a month or two after it came out. Maybe give it another shot.
Nah they said that. All they did was make it so that once you could board a Titan it stopped being able to move, but most servers had already locked the Titans so they couldn't be moved to begin with, which ruined some of the meta-tactics of the game. In addition, though they locked the Titan in place, things would still jump around and warp, just not as bad as before. Things like trying to res people continued to be the bane of my existence on a Titan.

I was interested in BF Heroes initially, but none of the previews or things i've heard have been positive, and honestly, 1943 just seems like a waste of time. I can only imagine how much more I would hate Wake if I was being bombed by super sonic jets.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 AM

Haro37 has much to be proud of
I pretty much liked all the BF games, BF2 was really influential on me, being that it was one of my most played games, online-wise. Integrated a lot of new, well-implemented mechanics but still felt like the good ol' bf fun. BF1942 I think was clearly best (its a classic after all) and i'm interested in seeing what goes on with 1943. BF2142 was pretty good too (being a Planetside fan, I naturally enjoyed it sci fi setting and some of the other similarities.)

By far, however, BF Vietnam should be the one that gets remade. It's what I've been saying to myself ever since I played Crysis. I liked Vietnam quite a bit, I felt that it had the most character to it of all the games, manning Hueys while blasting "Flight of the Valkyries" was truly an awesome moment. With the ammount of detail we can get in these environments, and with the size we can get them too, I think its a given that this should be at least be on the drawing board.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 AM

TheBaron has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to TheBaron
Aren't they working on Bad Company 2 for PC, PS3 and 360?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM

x8xid is community member of note
Dude... I would be so happy with just a grphics update patch for BF2... I mean with modern graphics that game would END ALL WAR GAMES. It's so close to being the perfect game it's sick.

I would like:

Improved Damage Mapping
More Jets
New Maps
Improved Graphics

That's it. I would be happy.
It would be great if I could get my hands on the dev kit. I would love to mod this game!