11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
Hm, sounds like something I may really need to re-install and try out that mod.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM

BlackEagleUK has much to be proud of
You should - http://www.realitymod.com/
Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Fabryz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEagleUK View Post
Best FPS mod ever, I've played it since v0.50.

However, I'm still waiting the concretization of the BF3's rumors (1 year and a half). Hope it will be based on a modern warfare scenario and not on future things BF2142-like, I can't wait

When I read the news of BF1943 the first thing I tought was "WTF?!?!", couldn't believe that :|. The only "excuse" for this game release can be that they wanted to import to consoles the revolutionary gameplay that distinguished all the BF-saga, infact imho the PC version will take only all casual gamers and stop.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 PM

GR1MNIR has much to be proud of
As with all of you I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise. It is my hope, that along with BF1943 they will eventually come out with a BF3 and a BF2143 (see where I'm going with the "3"s?). I've read in some interviews that Dice hasn't forgotten their PC roots in the BF franchise, but with 1943 only having 24 players and the like...I'm starting to lose faith. Hopefully the PC version will boast 64 player limits, 8+ maps, and all the things that have made the battlefield franchise so successful.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

Yea, me too. I'm actually hoping for a 64+ maps. The larger the scale the better in my opinion. But hey, I can live with 64 just as well for now. I'd love to see even more Air involved (while keep the ground full-scale as well).
Old 03-13-2009, 10:51 PM

GR1MNIR has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by colliny2k View Post
Yea, me too. I'm actually hoping for a 64+ maps. The larger the scale the better in my opinion. But hey, I can live with 64 just as well for now. I'd love to see even more Air involved (while keep the ground full-scale as well).
I actually stopped playing BF2 for a number of reasons (I still play BF2142). One being that every match now seems like a nade spam, and or vehicle war. I'm a ground pounder and I hate when vehicles take over the game. I know there's the Infantry Only setting, but I like to have some vehicle options open. To me 2142 has : Better graphics (slightly), better hit detection, and better balance. I do wish the air combat was a bit better for 2142 though. I was really hoping they would come out with "booster" packs that would add more to the game. Northern Strike was good, but BF2 had two more packs released for it.

Oh well...here's to hoping that DICE surprises the pants off me with some crazy announcement at E3 or some other gaming event.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
Future is very, very good.

As far as I'm concerned, the more sci-fi the better, so something in space would be awesome.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 AM

TheBaron has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to TheBaron
I'm in the Battlefield Heroes beta and have played it extensively. It's nothing for the even slightly serious/hardcore crowd. It's casual to the core and even at that it is not that fun. In my opinion it wont be that big of a success.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 PM

WalterMondale is community member of note
I've been playing all the PC Battlefields. Vietnam was unenjoyable, buggy, and unbalanced. BF2 was great and i'd like to see another BF in the similar vein of Modern Warfare. 2142 was fun, but the Titan mode, the mode I was most interested in playing was bugged/broken. BF1943 seems like a waste of time, and BF:Heroes does too. I really hope they've secretly been working on a new PC BF game that I can actually get excited about.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterMondale View Post
I've been playing all the PC Battlefields. Vietnam was unenjoyable, buggy, and unbalanced. BF2 was great and i'd like to see another BF in the similar vein of Modern Warfare. 2142 was fun, but the Titan mode, the mode I was most interested in playing was bugged/broken. BF1943 seems like a waste of time, and BF:Heroes does too. I really hope they've secretly been working on a new PC BF game that I can actually get excited about.
Titan mode in BF2142 was actually fixed...about a month or two after it came out. Maybe give it another shot.

Like you, I would much rather a BF3 or sequel to BF2142. Unfortunately, I highly doubt they are working on it "secretly". I think it was in PC Gamer that I read that they were not currently working on any BF3 or the like...saying that they were focusing on Battlefield Heroes, Bad Company 2, and BF1943.....and nothing else. Saddening...but oh well. BF1943 I think might be fun (since it's just an update of 1942)...but not too exciting since it's not a big release or anything really new.