11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
gamerDNA Update Release Notes 2/11/09
The release notes for gamerDNA's February 11th update are now up:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

Please take a look, it was a HUGE update!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quite a list of changes. May take a few days to put the newer system through it's paces, but so far I like. Presenting gaming data in a visual format (i.e. the calendar) not only makes it easier to categorize data but it makes for a prettier home page. One question: is there a way to incorporate twitter feeds into our homepages?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Great job on the new updates, the calendar is a nice improvement over the watchlist. I also think it will take a little bit to get everything smoothed over and to get used to the new system. Keep up the good work staff members.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
One question: is there a way to incorporate twitter feeds into our homepages?
You simply need to put your Twitter name in your AKAs, like you already have.
A Twitter widget (gDNA uses a variation of the HTML widget it seems) will appear on your profile page, and it's in fact already there.
Look at the right side, and scroll down a bit.

Edit:
I said gDNA uses: Flash > Display-only widget, because I recognised it from other sites, but it's not what gDNA uses.
Last edited by Retodon8 : 02-17-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Made a mistake identifying the widget version.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
You simply need to put your Twitter name in your AKAs, like you already have.
A Twitter widget (gDNA uses: Flash > Display-only widget) will appear on your profile page, and it's in fact already there.
Look at the right side, and scroll down a bit.
Leave it to me to jump in with a stupid question before investigating the solution myself...
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Twitter Twitter Twitter!!! HAH, I like the new features!! I especially enjoy adding the gaming experiences into my profile through the calendar and being able to list the stuff accomplished with the "accomplished," "completed," and so on!

I would still like to see the calendar update-able beyond the current date though, so we can let the gDNA community know whats going on with us ahead of time, like if we arent going to be on for a few and so on! Just a thought!

Kaimera-
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
ChangeAgent said:
"The calendar will be a big part of the profile experience going forward. We have no plans to minimize it but add more features and functionality to it."

I really don't know, but that could mean support for other types of events.
If so (and I'd like to see that personally), it would make the ability to add future events more useful.
Of course I'm only thinking/wishing out loud here.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
Of course I'm only thinking/wishing out loud here.
Which is what u and i seem to do quite often on gDNA!!! HAH

Kaimera-
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
We love hearing your wishes and feedback, so keep it up