11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 04-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I never did manage to defeat either. Right about then was when Kyleen tripped over the PS and broke it. By the time I got another, I had new games to try.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 AM

kaibrightwing has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to kaibrightwing
For me its FFXII is my favorite just for how big the world was.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 AM

Mydraal has much to be proud of
my favorites are VII, IX and tactics
Old 04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I've never actually tried any of them from X on.

The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:50 AM

Jenovatra is community member of note
I personally liked Tactics (No, not shitty Tactics Advanced), the story was very deep. The whole backstabbing and political conflict was a nice change from the usual hot male protagonist with babes trying to save the world sort of deal.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenovatra View Post
I personally liked Tactics (No, not shitty Tactics Advanced), the story was very deep. The whole backstabbing and political conflict was a nice change from the usual hot male protagonist with babes trying to save the world sort of deal.
Indeed, I loved the fact that it was deeper than most of the others. Then again I am a sucker for a good SRPG. The art style was unique, game play was easy to learn yet complex in it's combonations, and the story was bigger than just your characters.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I happened to like all three of the FFTactics games. They each offer tons of variety and customization options. And in the Advanced series there aren't special join units that are ridiculously over-powered. Each member of your army has the chance to be the last guy standing and pull a win from his ass. It depends on more of a strategic view, not "How soon can I get this uberweapon in position and obliterate every single enemy in one blow. I'f you're turned off because of the games more colorful backdrops and anime-inspired, suck it up and just try the game. You may like it. Or hate it. I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to get you to think about your gaming experiences in a thoughtful, analytic way so you can gain insights into yourself; Something all media should do.

P.S. If someone reading this is a FFTactics virgin, go with the PSP version. They redid all of the localization and even added some really cool fully-voiced cutscenes.

P.P.S. If Squenidos is reading this, can we get a new Vagrant Story? Hell, I'd settle for a remake of the original.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
LOL I usually had my guys leveled up too much and able to clean up the board on their own LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
P.P.S. If Squenidos is reading this, can we get a new Vagrant Story? Hell, I'd settle for a remake of the original.
1, Squenidos???

2, Hell Yeah!!! Never beat the original but it was a fun game. I may just have to dig that out and play it today LOL
Old 04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexblood View Post
LOL I usually had my guys leveled up too much and able to clean up the board on their own LOL

1, Squenidos???
Square-Enix recently completed the purchase of Eidos. So I just mashed Eidos in with Squenix. Although in casual conversation, I just use "Square".
Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Nehek has much to be proud of
For me the best FF game will always be IX. When it I got it it was so different from every other game I ever played, and influenced me a lot as I was still just a kid back then. I mostly dig it out of nostalgia nowadays, but it really is a great game in its own right too.