11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 PM

spazure has much to be proud of
WotLK sig working as intended?
I've recently noticed that no matter how many times you refresh my sig, it only shows achievements from the middle of January. I've done many achievements before, and many achievements since then.

I'd like it to display either the MOST recent achievement, or cycle through the X (where X is a specified number) most recent achievements. I suppose it's /possible/ it's just displaying an achievement at random, and I just happen to keep getting the same date range.. which is why I'm not sure if this is a support post or just a "I don't get it" post.

I did a search trying to find the original WotLK sig generator post, but either I need to l2search, or it's not there anymore. In any case, I forced a redraw (with the "fetch signature" link on the gamerdna site, instead of just reloading it multiple times where I was looking before), and I still only get achievements for January. I've tried this with another browser (clearing all cache/cookies/etc), with the same result.

Again.. if it's just me getting bad luck with the RNG, my apologies for wasting your time.. but if it's suppose to be displaying more recent stuff and it isn't, I'd like it looked into. Many thanks!

~*~spazure~*~
Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Zinya is community member of note
oo, mines having this issue too I was just too lazy to post and try all that stuff!

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinya View Post
oo, mines having this issue too I was just too lazy to post and try all that stuff!

Thanks
Yeah, so was I! I figured it was just lagging behind or something (cuz at first it was only a week or two), so I thought it'd fix itself.. but it never did, and I've gotten some awesome Heroic achievements that I'd rather see than all the boring stuff I did in Jan, lol.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
See this earlier thread about the sigs.

Two quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattychubs View Post
Right now it picks 10 items at random, but only shows these if you dont have events like acheivements or gaining new items or levels.
Quote:
Nothing should be more then around 24 hours old, although we will show around your last 5 achievements regardless of when you earned them.
Read the thread for more.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
See this earlier thread about the sigs.

Two quotes:

Read the thread for more.
That thread's obsolete because fattychubs and QforQ already fixed all the problems any of those people were having.

My problem is not one that was in the past and fixed, mine is something I'm experiencing currently.

Thanks for confirming that what I'm experiencing is in fact an issue though, now I don't feel quite so self-conscious about posting it. ^_^
Old 03-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Zinya is community member of note
Quote:
What data looks old? Nothing should be more then around 24 hours old, although we will show around your last 5 achievements regardless of when you earned them.
Hey Ret, that thread is from when the sigs were first introduced and they were working out the inital kinks. Whatever was done then worked great!

The issue I'm seeing now is that my data has not updated since the middle of January. Infact, browsing through the forums, I don't see anyone who has new achievements past mid-January.

Fattychubs says nothing should be more than 24 hours old. I don't really feel like my sig needs to change every 24 hours, it looks cool and I'd be all right with it pulling new stuff every 2 to 4 weeks honestly. But it has stayed the same for 8 weeks (2 months) and I have gotten a ton of new achievements since then so something seems up if they were planning on having it pull every night.

I like my sig a lot and I'm not trying to be a whiny complainer here, I just thought someone from GamerDNA may find it interesting that no one's sig has updated since mid-January.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 PM

fattychubs has set foot on a distinguished road
Hey guys, looking into this. Will update this post with what I find.

Okay looks like an issue on bringing them in as events to display on your signature, and its effecting a good number of folks. Looks like we still captured them all (Nyoka has a ton of heroics, congrats).

I just need to go through and back populate these as events, which I will do today, an update you guys when its done.

Thanks for the heads up on this guys!
Last edited by fattychubs : 03-13-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Hey guys, looking into this. Will update this post with what I find.

Okay looks like an issue on bringing them in as events to display on your signature, and its effecting a good number of folks. Looks like we still captured them all (Nyoka has a ton of heroics, congrats).
Thanks, I have an awesome guild! Now you see why I care about showing off achievements in my sig now, hehehe.

Quote:
I just need to go through and back populate these as events, which I will do today, an update you guys when its done.

Thanks for the heads up on this guys!
Awesome, thanks for looking into it! Staff is always awesome about this stuff.

(Sry I watch a lot of "How I Met Your Mother", now I must say awesome 20x per post)
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazure View Post
That thread's obsolete because fattychubs and QforQ already fixed all the problems any of those people were having.
Actually I referred to the thread because of the posts mentioning random stuff is displayed.
I figured you were just seeing something a bit older by chance, and expected to see the very latest thing.
Reading the following posts in this thread, it seems I underestimated the frequency at which people earn new achievements.

Sorry for misunderstanding; I meant well!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 AM

fattychubs has set foot on a distinguished road
Just an update, achievements all haven't made it back in yet, sorry for the delay. They should be back Saturday afternoon/evening, had to let the current job finish before I could put the changes in.

Thanks again for your patience.