11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 AM

Zaoz has much to be proud of
Just need help finding a new game to play
Just as the title says, I've played a BUNCH of games, so many that within an hour or two I usually have it all figured out and get bored of it

I'm mainly trying to find a new mmo (perferably free) with pvp (hopefully a non-penalty pk system, similar to Shadowbane, which I'm starting to play right now again) but also including PvE and whatnot.

I'm a fan of Eve Online (though haven't played more than the 14 day trial like.. 5 times over... not much money right now), Shadowbane, FFXI (though, i'm quitting for now, was Zaoz on the server Asura, if you knew me), Gunz, and ect.

Just trying to get some ideas on what I should try, as I said, I've played a LOT of games, so don't be suprised if I said i've played it already, lol

and yeah, I'm new here, sorry if this post isn't supposed to be in this section
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
This would be a great time to use the GamerDNA Discovery engine. Just enter any game title you have played before and trait it (why you like the game and what features of the game interest you). The engine will come up with suggestions for other similar games based on your traits. For example, say you like Call of Duty, it could suggest similar FPS titles that you might enjoy.

Last edited by Dvader83 : 02-01-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Who is going to stop Darth Vader from editing his posts if he feels like doing so?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Ah, thank you. I'll have to try that out

Edit: Errm.. where do I find the discovery engine? >.< sorry, lol

Raze the Body, Raise the Soul
Old 02-01-2009, 06:51 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Welcome to gamerDNA Zoaz!

You can start you game discovery by adding a game here: http://www.gamerdna.com/dna/add_game/
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 AM

Oh, that's the discovery engine? most of the time I usually find games i've already played, i've added...... not sure how many prolly around 40ish games

is there any way to search for games that meet with the reasons I liked the other games? or do I have to add a game to see the possibilities?

Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
You can filter games by traits on this directory page: http://www.gamerdna.com/games/

Right now the discovery engine is still in fairly early stages. There are things we'd like to add on and will add on..it's a constant effort and I'm sure we'll be revisiting the discovery engine again and again over the coming months and beyond.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 AM

Blakkmantis has much to be proud of
May I suggest the game PERFECT WORLD? Me and a friend played EQ2 for about 4-5 years, discovered this PW game about a week ago, and OMG the game is awesome. It's a little slow at first, but get a little deeper into it, and it is the best game of it's kind out there IMHO.

It's kinda like they took the best things from WoW, EQ2, and Guild Wars, and rolled it all into one game, and added things all of those other games wish they had. The graphics are very good as well.

Oh and did I mention it's also FREE to get, and FREE to play?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Yep, I'll have to second that... Its worth a try!

Kaimera-
Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 PM

Hmm i've tried that, but not for long, I may have to try it again for a longer period of time.

If anyone else has any other ideas, lemme know, I have a bad habit of playing like.. 7 MMO's at once.. haha

Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
if ya decide to play and need any info, ive sent off a friends request. Hope to see ya in-game if you choose to start it up again with the other 6 MMO's you will be playin at one time- heh

Kaimera-