11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Eek The Google Deer Hunt!
First off, I have to say they this is Not Safe For Children... so before you click the link, make sure kids are out of the room, and that your not a kid yourself. The following link shows an animal getting killed, don't view if your of a sensetive nature. Possibly not safe for work... so if in doubt, wait till you get home.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01..._killed_bambi/

There's no gore or anything, just the few stills of the 'incident' when a Google picture wagon (Google Streetview) killed a deer... then posted the content without checking it. I thought this company was supposed to go over their content and blot out faces ans such before making it live? How did this get past their 'quality assurance team'... or where they having a break at the time?

Also, consider this. For them to have hit the deer, they would have had to accelerate to hit it, and possible swerve slightly. Take note on the distance it travels to the grassy verge (that is, if your not ill and have to step away from the pc)... how fast was that van going?

Two things that bug me is that A) they didn't check the content first, and B) The driver didn't report the incident! If either had been done, we'd have never known about this. That dear may have been small, but it should have made enough noise in impact to alert the driver ffs.

The animals death IS tradgic, but these things do happen on country roads and in wilderness area's, I accept that.. what gets my goat is that this managed to get online!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post

The animals death IS tradgic
Don't exaggerate, it's a dead deer.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
And your a green dinosaur who should have been killed years ago.

True but look at what other stuff get on sights people have to check after not before for some odd reason

Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Among other things found on google earth. . .

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
+1. I've killed more than one deer. They're tasty.

Also, I'm not sure I see how you think the driver would have had to accelerate or swerve to hit the deer.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilAerosolCan View Post
+1. I've killed more than one deer. They're tasty.

Also, I'm not sure I see how you think the driver would have had to accelerate or swerve to hit the deer.
Way I see it, if that deer was in the vehicles way, we wouldn't have had such a good shot at an angle when it was still up. Also, it would still have had time to dodge (Both guesses from the shots, mostly due to distance and position too the camera).

I'll admit, I could be wrong on both counts and that it was just an accident, after all I don't really know how these vehicles go about mapping. I've seen a few British ones, they use these crappy little Eco cars with a giant mast bolted to the roof. For all I know the vehicle in use here was a giant hummer with no way of seeing the thing.

Still, you'd have thought they'd have heard the impact and reported something. After all, there in camera vehicle (obviously), so its not like a strange impact would be a mystery for long.

And as for the nerf-blade samurai's... well, at least their not Jedi.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 PM

Maruso is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
I believe that was part of an art project done by Larpers
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
And your a green dinosaur who should have been killed years ago.
Anger.

I suggest therapy.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
That was part of an event where basically the town got together and did several things in town just for Google Streetview. In that same town you'll see parades, garage bands playing, marathons being run, etc.

So no..there weren't LARPERs really larping there :P
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I'm with Hagan on this.
It makes no sense Google did what it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
It's not about the dead deer, it's about the death of the deer, about the deer dying.
Why do you say he's exaggerating?
I'm pretty sure you don't know the deer, so you can't judge.
Not to mention the fact that this kind of thing is very subjective.

Of course I could say the same to Hagan about saying it was tragic.