11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Second frame?
For some reason when I went to my Guild homepage on gamerdna today, I noticed that there was a second frame around the top half of the site and when I scrolled down, it would cut off the main GamerDNA bar from view. I would have to use the browser back button to navigate back to my public profile. The site is http://Alliance101.gamerdna.com. Anyone seen anything like this before? I tried refreshing, closing the browser and re-opening it, viewing it in Firefox rather than IE and I still get the embedded frame around the top half of the site.... Any thoughts?!

Kaimera-
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I see it, but only in IE, not in Fx.
The scrollbars form a rectangle exactly the size of my viewport, if it's maximized.
If IE is windowed and I refresh, it's still the size of the viewport, but it's hard to see, since more content is layered on top of it now that it's smaller.
I see "#wrapper2" and everything inside rendered.
Outside of it the scrollbars can be seen (which would be div #page_container, table, tr, td).

The scrollbars don't work either when windowed; they must be below something invisible.
Resizing the window also screws up everything; the whole gDNA menu that's supposed to always be at the top is gone, even though both the embedded and the "real" scrollbar are at the top position.
No idea what is causing it though... some kind of CSS floating issue.

Again, no problems here with Fx 3.0.5.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Hey guys, thanks for the post. I've let the dev team know about the issue and we're looking into it.

Thanks!
Sam
Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Sam!!! U da man! Thanks for all the help! I was hoping it wasn't just 36 hours of no sleep and blurry vision! As always, GamerDNAs efforts are much appreciated! Thanks!

Kaimera-
Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast

colliny2k is a jewel in the community colliny2k is a jewel in the community
The issue was found and fixed. I'll see if we can get it up this week. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

Collin, thanks for the update. Will it be adjusted with an update? thats what I'm gettin form your message. Thanks for looking into it, and I appreciate all you guys jumpin on stuff like this so quick!

Kaimera-
Old 01-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
The release notes mention they fixed an issue with horizontal scrollbars not appearing before.
Maybe the fix for that issue introduced the problem you have (though I don't think the times correspond)?
I do know in general bug fixes tend to introduce new bugs.

A quick peek in IE and the unwanted bars are still there for me, but I'm sure they're working on getting it fixed soon.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I am under the impression that it should be fixed in the next update!

Hoping for the best!

Kaimera-
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 PM

Kohl has much to be proud of
second frames
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaimerasPain View Post
Anyone seen anything like this before?
Kaimera-
I get the same problem but only in IE7 and NOT in Safari. Glad to know it will be fixed soon!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:12 AM

PMCBoss has much to be proud of
I've got a second scroll bar on my group page and its causing me when I scroll down to not be able to go back up all the way, hence losing the gamerdna bar...