11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 01-21-2009, 05:18 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
January 19th Release Notes
The release notes for our January 19th update to gamerDNA are now up:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

Feel free to discuss!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:05 PM

Cormyre has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Cormyre Send a message via AIM to Cormyre Send a message via MSN to Cormyre Send a message via Yahoo to Cormyre
Love the game page update as it was driving me nuts the other way. Though when deleting, take me back to the same page plz with the same sort option.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 PM

GamerAlex has much to be proud of
Keep up the good work, I like the new rating system. Good job and thank you.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I must say the new rating system works for me. The rating of "like/dislike" seemed not to fit too well. With this new system, if I liked say Call of Duty 4 better than say Call of Duty 3, I don't have to say I disliked CoD 3. I can actually say something like "Call of Duty 4 was on average a solid 4-4.5, coming very close to a 5-star game and on the other hand CoD 3 was at best 2.5-3 stars." So with that having been said, I say great job to the staff and keep up the good work.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
First of all, this is another nice update!
When the DNA Panel is removed completely, navigating/using the site should be pretty straightforward.
The DNA Panel was OK, but it was different from the classic browsing experience, which may be why it is being phased out...?

The new method for rating games did confuse me for a bit.
Basically "Anticipated" games got lost (along with "Liked" and "Disliked").

When I wanted to add an upcoming game as Anticipated I had to explain why I liked it.
Only then I realized I skipped the old step where you could anticipate.
I clicked "Home", which caused the game to be added Trait-less.
That's fair enough, and I can make pretty educated guesses about why I would like an upcoming game, so this is just a matter of getting used to the new system.

The change also makes it possible to rate unreleased games.
I simply won't, but it could be "abused", if you could call it that.

I know Experiences will receive a makeover in the future, allowing us to manually tell gDNA we played a GameCube game for instance.
Also it will be removed from the DNA Panel, and the panel itself can cease to exist.
However, those are all the big, upcoming changes I can recall being announced.
In other words, I have no clue what else will be change/enhanced/upgraded/added in the future.

Maybe gDNA will simply be done after the Experiences makeover?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:25 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
gamerDNA is never "done" :P

The new experience system will be a huge step in the right direction but we've got a lot more to come in just the next couple months (February and March are gonna have a lot of stuff being done in them ).

There is a lot of work to be done but we're really happy that we've been able to make so much progress in the past 9 months or so.