11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 04-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
FFXII didn't work for me, either. At least, the battle system didn't work. Despite the fact that I could set my party's actions with the Gambit system, I still felt like I had no control over the outcome of a battle. Not even the story (which was pretty good) could keep me playing. Only FF I've never finished.

Need to see more videos of the battle system, preferably with uninterrupted footage of an entire battle. Screens are okay, but it makes more sense in motion.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Kotaku just posted a video and screengrabs from said video. Enjoy!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Kotaku just posted a video and screengrabs from said video. Enjoy!
It's looking real pretty for a demo. I'm seriously impressed at what they already have... o_o

I mean, the demo can only represent the Beta-ish build right?

*drools*
Old 04-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast

Manetheren is community member of note
While I am disappointed in the Extended release, I am excited that they'll be bringing the Franchise over to 360. I was on the fence of which to buy until I learned the FF XIII was set to hit the 360. So, I'll just suck up the release delay for now and hope that yes, as meronine said. "delayed release = better game."

Manetheren_: Vespanola Server
Daniel (Level 92 Scout), Rosa (Level 90 Adelina), Kaynne (Level 89 Fighter),
Old 04-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Savant

I was very happy when I watched that video. The battle system seemed more in line with previous Battle systems, and nothing like the abject failure that was XII's battle system. I've posted this Penny-Arcade strip before, but here it is again because nothing else sums my feelings about XII so succinctly.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Thanks for that. I just about pissed myself reading it.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
screw 13 its an unlucky number anyway im just going to rember the good old days.................ahhhhhhhhh.....

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 AM

theblackhandx7x has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to theblackhandx7x
a 360 incoming is a good move, give the fans something more to adjust with instead of having the series remain on the play station, now granted Sony has had full effect but now its time to give 360 users a chance to make a name.

Honestly when i heard about the arrival for 360 users, i got to thinking how lost odyssey was one of the prime arrivals itself to the 360 when it was only an exclusive but i have played final fantasies and im ready for another one but i hope it lives up to expectations.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
So Famitsu leaked a FFXIII review and it looks like it came close to being perfect. This game better be worth the 39/40 that it got, because I've been disappointed with anything that Square-Enix has created. I want Squaresoft back.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2009/12/08/final-fantasy-xiii-famitsu-review-leaked-early.html
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 PM

theblackhandx7x has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to theblackhandx7x
honestly i have seen bad results--and if FF13 fails its going to make the world feel its wrath thats for sure.